• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I created a responsive HTML5 output, but the display is not what I expected. How do I alter it?

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an output on my laptop (15 in monitor), and on that screen it looks as intended, with the TOC displaying on the left and the search bar on the top right. I expect, since it is responsive, that on a smaller screen, the TOC and search will shift according to the size of the screen.  But when I look at it on a larger desktop monitor, the TOC is permanently minimized and the search icon is on the left.  It looks as it would if I were viewing on a tablet.  Is there a way to fix this?  On a desktop monitor, I need the TOC to display and the search box to remain at the top of the screen. Display results are the same in Chrome and IE11

On my laptop:

laptop screen resolution settings:

On my desktop:

Desktop monitor screen resolution settings:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Apologies, as my crystal ball seems to be broken and my psychic skills are sub-par.

What version of RoboHelp are you using?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - RH 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm not the resident "Responsive GURU" here. That would be Willam. But until he chimes in (and hopefully he will) I'll say that it would appear that you need to slightly adjust the breakpoint value for the desktop. Willam will certainly be able to tell you exactly how to do that.

Since you are using version 11, I'm at a loss to tell you exactly where to look. But if you were using RoboHelp (2015 Release) I believe the option is there that allows you to more easily control the breakpoint values.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Rick!  I have 2015 also, but we are testing still. So, I am trying to do this in RH 11 for now.  The layout I am using is actually William's, so hopefully he sees this post. It is the Theme1_Standard_TOC_Only.  I found a similar thread that suggests I change the max-width: in the main.css within that layout. I will play with that and see if that is the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2016 Jan 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RoboHelp 11, you have to search and replace the media queries in the CSS. There are 4 different @media queries, each for every device. You will have to amend all of them to get the behaviour you require.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Note that there is no detection whether the output is displayed on a tablet or a desktop computer. Instead, the desktop/tablet/mobile view is simply chosen by the size of the browser window. Rezise the window in your desktop browser and your layout will change. A shrinked desktop browser window is a "tablet", and a high-res tablet is a "desktop". It's not the best solution, but it's the only solution RoboHelp offers natively.

That also means if you lower the tablet max width setting, the output will display in the "desktop" layout on most tablets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp