Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recorded PPT - words on slides being cut off

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to import a recorded PowerPoint that has been converted into FLV into Captivate.  When I preview the file in Captivate, words on the PPT slide are cut off.  I am using Captivate 8 and Windows 2013.  I have imported recorded PPTs before into Captivate and did not experience this problem.  How can I fix this issue?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 2013?? Do you perhaps mean PPT 2013?

Was that file converted with an older version of Captivate or with Captivate 8? Why not publish to MP4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I meant PPT 2013.

No, I have only been using Captivate 8 for this project.  I have always published to FLV. 

Once I am done with the Captivate file and it is good to go, I upload the file into our LMS for training and tracking purposes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FLV is an old Flash-based movie format. It is not meant at all to be used for training and to report to a LMS. For that purpose you need to publish to either SWF or to HTML which both support interactivity and reporting to SCORM compatible LMS's.

I don't think PPT2013 was capable of publishing pptx-files, if my memory is correct? So that means you cannot import the PPT with High Fidelity checked.

How is the cptx-file looking when you preview in Browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I publish the files, they are converted to either SWF or HTML.  The PPTX looks fine when it is not imported and when I view the file in the browser, the words from the PPT recording are still cut off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help if you could show a screenshot of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate screen capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you keep the same resolution for the Captivate file as for the PPT? It looks like you had another resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not touch the resolution for Captivate.  Can I adjust the resolution on an existing project or can that only be done when creating a new project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can rescale a project with the Modify menu, but I'm afraid that will not help in this case. If you accepted the resolution proposed by Captivate (depends on your settings when capturing) normally the resolution of the ppt (which is stupidly expressed in in or cm, crazy for a presentation applications) is converted to the proper resolution in px.

I never use PPT as base for an eLearning project, but didn't see this type of issue on the forum neither.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the sizes of the slides when I was importing them into Captivate and that has corrected the problem.

Thank you both for your assistance! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that this time you accepted the proposed resolution? Or which change did you make to the resolution? I'm asking this to see the real solution to this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I looked at the properties of the PPT to get the width and height of the presentation and then when I created a new Captivate presentation, I changed the width and height in there.  Now everything works perfectly.

Thank you again for your help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources