• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate PDF Output

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH2015.  I have Office 2013 installed, although I have no intention of creating Word docs.  I have built my project and successfully generated .chm files.  However, now I need to generate a PDF.  When I click on 'Printed Documentation' in the Output, I get a box that says:  'The parameter is incorrect'.  I click OK and it pops again...OK again and now I get past it.  I complete all the entries on the pages, but when I click (finally) to Generate, nothing happens.  In the Print Document General window (the first one), none of the drop down options have anything in them.  I select the Adobe PDF option, and uncheck the Word option and get the 'parameter' warning again...but OK clears it.  I click Next...I see the TOC and Chapter Layouts as they are in my project...Next again, and I see the topics...but the Section Layout is basic.  Do I have to completely reset all the topics into the section layout box?  Why?  I already did this creating my project.  But, I can click Next without doing anything....and when I Save and Generate.....nothing happens.

The PDF for RH2015 is kind of useless.......

Any help from anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t use the Printed Documentation SSL – that runs it through Word. You can create Review PDFs directly in your Project Manager view. Right-click on the project & select Review PDF IIRC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK...that worked...but, I'm looking for formal output...basically I'm turning software help files into an operations manual....I did this in RH7 or 8...but new version is all different...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are looking at a decent PDF output, you'd be better off creating the Word document first and then create the PDF from that. (Note that I am currently using RH10, so I have to manually add the page numbers to the footers, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp