Copied

How do I extend a composition in After Effects

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

‌ A E basic skills:  Open the composition settings using the menu or the keyboard shortcut Ctrl/Cmnd + k. Change the duration of the composition

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌ A E basic skills:  Open the composition settings using the menu or the keyboard shortcut Ctrl/Cmnd + k. Change the duration of the composition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your last answer. May I send you a short video of the problem that I'm having in after effects? I can't explain it too well but when I extend the time and the time indicator goes to the new frame rate, the image in the view area disappears.I don't know what my problem is. I tried following the guidelines for sharing a document but didn't understand it. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What image type do I use to send an image to you? It's from After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (79)d.jpg

Hello,

I didn't phrase my last question correctly. If you'll notice that the three layers end at about 24 frames. When I hit the 'play' button, the time indicator goes to the absolute end of the timeline but after the indicator passes the '24 frame' point, the image in the viewer panel disappears for the last 6 frames. Why does the image disappear when the time indicator passes 24? How can I make the image remain visible throughout the 'sweep' of the time indicator? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Just wondering if you solved your problem as I am having the same problem. Original duration of the timeline was 20sec's and then I extended it to 25sec's. My image just disappears after 20sec's and not seeing out the whole 25sec's.

Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty new to AE, but it seems like your clips/layers end at the 24 (top) and 25 frame marks (lower 2), don't you have to extend them out now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How I increase the area of time ruler in display ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the composition settings.

Specific instruction is already given above.

In addition.

Please make an effort.  The future of civilization depends on it.  You understand?

After Effects tutorials | Learn how to use After Effects CC

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines