Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Formating Tables

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2006 Aug 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm cleaning up multiple manuals, created by multiple people and the tables have different formating throughout. I'm trying to take the tables out of classic HTML format and give them single solid borders on all sides. I can change the borders for the entire table but am not able to change the borders on the cells. When I chose solid or none for the cell borders style, with the setting set for either classic or none, the cells remain in HTML style.

Is there an alternative to creating new tables. Massive amounts of tables in these manuals.

Second question is regarding cutting and pasting within cells. Can only cut and paste from one cell into another cell. Can't cut and paste one row into a new row. Is there an alternative to reorganizing within a table?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2006 Aug 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you select the whole table so that there are three square handles along each table border. Now go into Table Properties and you should see Classic HTML Style listed. It is not normally listed, only when such a table has been selected as described. Change that to whatever you want and it should work OK after that.

On the second one, you can only do that sort of thing direct with the HTML code and it can get real messy. Most methods involve putting the table into Word and then reimporting with all the attendant problems.

Overall the job you have sounds like you should be looking at MacroExpress to be helping you with the repetitive stuff.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2010 Apr 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to put all the tables into classic HTML format and give them single solid borders on all sides. I do not have Classic HTML as a style selection in some of the topics while it is available in other topics. All topics have the same style sheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2010 Apr 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What do you mean by classic HTML format?

If all your topics use the same CSS, you can simply add that border trough your css. Add the following to your style sheet:

TABLE

Change the code after the hash (#) to use a different color.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply but that doesn't solve my problem. I have no trouble applying different Table Borders. The problem is the border I need, Classic HTML Table, seems to vanish randomly from the Table Borders dialog box.

I am using RH7.

1. Select a table (either with handles or drag select).
  2. Choose Table Properties from the menu.
  3. Click the Table Borders button, the Table Borders dialog box will open.
  4. The Styles are listed in a box under the word "Style".
  5. Classic HTML Table is a selection in this box along with None, Solid, etc.
  6. The problem I am having is that the Classic HTML Table selection is sometimes not listed in this box and
    I need to know why this happens and how to correct it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience is that it only appears if the table is a Classic HTML table.

The code looks like this and will give a table a bit like the one shown.

<table style="border-collapse: separate;" width="100%" border="1">
    <tr>
        <td>&#160;</td>
        <td>&#160;</td>
        <td>&#160;</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td>&#160;</td>
        <td>&#160;</td>
        <td>&#160;</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td>&#160;</td>
        <td>&#160;</td>
        <td>&#160;</td>
    </tr>
</table>

As you can see, it does not have a single border.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Is there any way to change existing tables to Classic HTML?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to put all the tables into classic HTML format and give them single solid borders on all sides.

As you can see from my example, what you say you want seems to be at variance with a classic table.

Can you add a screenshot of what you are trying to achieve? Please use the camera icon above to add the screenshot.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2010 Apr 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe that there is a bug in the program. Even if I create the tables

as Classic HTML, that option is not always available in Table Properties. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp