• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help File always on top of other applications

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2008 Apr 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with someone elses help file that was started in a previous version of RoboHelp. I am currently using RoboHelp7.

The original author of the help file, set a setting that forces the CHM to always be on top of all applications. Is there a way to turn this setting off? I'm getting a lot of complaints about it, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to turn it off.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

I believe that in the Windw properties there is an Always On Top setting. You will need to generate a new CHM with that turned off.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. But that's what I can't find. Is "where" is the setting? Sorry if I seem daft, but would you mind giving me a "click by click" on how to find that setting? Because I've looked in all the places I can think of.

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dturpin72 and I too welcome you to our community

In addition to what my colleague has offered, I would ask how the .CHM is being opened. I ask this because you may not be looking at a simple setting for the .CHM. If it's opening "Always on top" from an application, it could be that the application developer is opening it in this manner.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't work with CHMs any more but I thought there used to be such a setting. If you click the Advanced button for the window, look under Extended Styles and note there is a TopMost Window. Test that.

As Rick has indicated, if it is the developer's call forcing that, only they can fix that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2008 Apr 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Peter has said, there is a setting but, as Rick has also stated, there can be an override if the developer is calling the help from the application. In any case try this:

1. Double click on your window from the Project tab.
2. Click Advanced Properties.
3. Click the Extended Styles tab.
4. Deselect the Top Most Window option.
5. Click OK.
6. Click OK again.
7. Recompile.

If this doesn't work it must be the developers domain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all,
quote:

If this doesn't work it must be the developers domain.
On that point, I've posted a solution elsewhere that the developers may want to investigate:

http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4101#p29806

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Got it! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp