• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom changes the Color of my Photos!

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2016 Jan 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a big Problem when using Lightroom.  I have a Canon 70D. I am photographing manually. I created my own manual white balance, and i am adjusting it on the grid in the settings too. I also set my own Picture Style. This is a setting in which I can manually and directly preset saturation, contrast, color tone and sharpness for the pictures i will take.

To make it short, I created my own adjustments, to make th pictures look different.

As soon as I import them to Lightroom, they load a little while. While they are loading, the preview is normal, looking like it looks on the camera. But once the loading process is finished, the picture suddenly changes color, saturdation contrast, and brightness. I end up with a completely transformed picture.

I can't import pictures anymore, because lightroom basically destroys them. I wrote about all these settings I changed, because I think that this may be the cause, lightroom changes the pictures. Maybe lightroom doesn't have the same adjustments saved, as i have on my camera, and instead applies an automatic white balance or something.

I would be really grateful if someone could explain me how to change lightroom settings in order that the program "takes" the pictures as they are.

Thanks!

Thomas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you recording and importing JPG or RAW (CR2) files or both?

Sounds like you are making changes to how the camera records JPG images but you are shooting and importing RAW images which don't use those in camera settings.

Post a picture of the cameras LCD screen showing what the images looks like on the camera and a LR screen capture of the same image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Shootistbond.

I am always making RAW photos. That these settings only apply on JPEG was a good idea, but i checked, and it affects RAW photography too. here is a Picture of an Imported Photo, still loading into Lightroom. A you can see the colors are good. But once it is uploaded, it is suddenly very red.

This is a special case, because I used multiple exposure, making one photo over another. but in the second case, its just a normal picture. hope you can help. thanks Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-09 um 11.17.39.pngBildschirmfoto 2016-01-09 um 11.17.43.pngBildschirmfoto 2016-01-09 um 11.20.46.pngBildschirmfoto 2016-01-09 um 11.20.50.png

please look closely at the stones on the bottom. They are much darker once the picture is imported, and there is less saturation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks to me the initial image you are seeing is from the built in, included, JPG preview recorded inside a RAW file and once LR gets done reading the real RAW file it builds its own preview which will not include the In Camera settings you have applied. To my knowledge this is true for 99% of cameras on the market today. None of the In Camera settings are carried over to the RAW files, they wouldn't be RAW files if they were carried over. RAW is RAW sensor data with no in camera processing.

Now I may be wrong as the only Canon camera I own is an older S90 P&S but no matter what In Camera settings I have set the RAW file is still the RAW file and does not show those In Camera settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats not good 😕 so there is basicly nothing i can do about it? bu why does the image turn so red?? and, i just noticed. If I import the same picture into another Program, Aperture or iPhoto, it turns completely green instead. What is that??

Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-09 um 11.17.39.png

this is the original!

Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-09 um 11.17.43.png

this is what lightroom does to it!

IMG_6341.jpg

this is what Aperture does to it!

what is that??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are RAW files then each program interprets what the camera has recorded. I have no idea why those Apple programs would display it with a green tint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another good link with answers for the OP.-

It mentions Nikon, but the info can be applied to any camera!

How to Get Accurate Nikon Colors in Lightroom

And the images!!  Are they taken through glass to get the double image ghosting??

Maybe a corrupt monitor profile also!

How do I change my monitor profile to check whether it’s corrupted?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thomask,

Which version of Lightroom are you using?

Could you make sure that in the Import Panel "Apply during Import" Develop settings is set to none.

02vvb.PNG

Also make sure that your Graphics card is up to date.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akash,

i am working on the version 2015.1.1 and camera raw 9.1.1.

Apply during import settings are none.

Any other Idea? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do I see my images change after they are imported into Lightroom? | Laura Shoe's Lightroom Train...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am watching the free TerryWhite videos on learning LRCC 2017. In Part 5 (the 2nd video in that part...there are two parts), Terry address your very issue and explains how to fix it. The fix is in the Camera Calibration when you take that photo into "Develop" mode.

When you watch the you tube video (it is TerryWhite twitch/adobe tv....it is approx 3/4 of the way through part 5 that you will see your explanation and answer.

Hope this helps,

Dede

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to the develop module, go to Camera Calibration and coose the "Camera Neutral" setting. For me, that's the one that displays the colors closest to how they appear on my camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines