Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Flash Player

New Here ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have always used the plugin which is pre-installed in Google Chrome, but for this new software to work, I need to use Internet Explorer. The big problem is, that every time I try to download and install Flash Player 13 (13.0.0.206) (get.adobe.com/flashplayer), the status bar goes all the way to 52% and then makes an error saying: "Error: Registration failed".

I've tried numerous different things, which has been provided in the Adobe Help section, for example this: Flash Player | Windows registry permissions, but nothing has been succesful. Also done the uninstall etc.

The only time I actually was able to install Flash Player, was after downloading a .msi install version of Flash Player 13 (Adobe Flash Player 13 ActiveX), but it seems like it's not installed anyway.

So if I try to install Flash Player 13 debug version, it tells me "The ActiveX control for Flash Player could not be registered.", which leads me to believe that I'm missing some kind of component or something.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate

I have IE 11 installed. (11.0.9600.17105)

I have been trying to install Flash Player directly from the site which uses version 13.0.0.206)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GAPP wrote:

The only time I actually was able to install Flash Player, was after downloading a .msi install version of Flash Player 13 (Adobe Flash Player 13 ActiveX), but it seems like it's not installed anyway.

The MSI installer usually goes around these permission problems.  What exactly makes you say "it seems like it's not installed"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it's not working.

It simply shows a black screen, where there's suppose to be graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating your graphics driver: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already did that a few days ago, via the auto detect from NVIDIA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have hardware acceleration enabled, either in Flash Player Settings, or IE11?  If so, try to disable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 14, 2014 May 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat, boy I had a time trying to find my way around the new changes! As soon as I get a "map", I'll like it

Do me a favor if you would and send me a P.M., since I can't find it and I want to ask you something.

Thank you and hope you are fine!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here I is some help download the installer file locate the installer file then close your browser double click the install file run it and let it do the thing it has to do download first install automatically now your done now browser will start automatic there you are done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get flash update to install. I managed to get it installed in Firefox via add-on update thing, but only after removing the older version 13.? of flash.

Now after removing flash, both IE and Opera shows neither have the flash plug in installed. I've noticed this update issue for over a month now and only recently figured out that by updating via add-ons did the update work. So removing the older version helped and it didn't.

I downloaded 14.? from adobe site, and when I double click the file; the installer box opens and nothing happens. No status bar or anyhing. Even if I leave it open thinking that it's hanging or something. Much time later, no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the only thing that appear is the fckckcing URL NOT FOUND

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines