• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ISSUE can’t download an e-pub book from Adobe Digital editions 4.5 to my Kobo e-reader

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ISSUE can’t download an e-pub book from Adobe Digital editions 4.5 to my Kobo e-reader

I started a chat about not being able to authorize Adobe Digital 4.5 on my new computer. I have AE on 2 other devices and I don't need those other devices if I can get adobe digital editions 4.5 to work on my new computer.

I entered my ID and password and got this message

“You can only authorize this computer with an ID that hasn’t been previously used to authorize any computer or mobile devices”

On advice of chat room I went to Adobe chat and de-authorized and tried to authorize using id and password I got another message tragic_ce_copy_not allowed no permission to copy book

I was told I should go to the forum. So hopefully someone has a remedy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor.
  11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe I should have added that I have windows 10. I saw nothing after trying different ways anything related to the answer above. After clicking on run the Adobe Digital Edition 4 opened up and prompted me for the ID and password. I got an error message saying I needed a vendor ID. There was no place to insert one and I didn't have one anyway as I downloaded from the Adobe site. This is very frustrating as I have been using Adobe Digital Editions for over 5 years. Now for reasons unknown I can't use the former Adobe Digital on my other computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you has a Adobe ID you should choose as Verdor ID Adobe ID and then you Login Data. Which error message get you exactly when you enter this Data?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines