Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to Install Flash Player: Double-Clicking to no Avail

Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since Firefox notified me about my version of Flash Player being outdated, I've been trying to install the latest version. It successfully downloads, but double-clicking the icon - whether Firefox is closed or open - does absolutely nothing. At this point I've completely uninstalled Flash Player, and due to this problem no longer have it. My PC specs are as follows:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Vostro 1014

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A03

Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU                         900 @ 2.20GHz

Memory: 3036MB RAM

Page file: 1216MB used, 3182MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

I deeply appreciate the help. I really don't want to use the extremely slow Google Chrome (need to figure that one out as well) when Firefox proves much better.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The online installer is signed using sha256 certificate, which is not supported on XP SP1 or SP2.  You can try the standalone installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section, however, there is no guarantee that it'll work.  Essentially, XP SP1 and SP2 are lacking support for the latest cryptographic technologies necessary to sign binary installers.  If it doesn't work, the alternative is to upgrade your system to something that supports the latest cryptographic technologies necessary to sign binary installers.  You'll begin see similar behaviour (installers not working) with more applications as Microsoft will stop recognizing the validity of apps signed with the older sha-1 certificate in 2016 (see Security Advisory 2880823: Recommendation to discontinue use of SHA-1 - Security Research & Defense ...)

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem as dude94.

MyPC  Operating System is Windows 7 Ultimate.

The standalone installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section didin' help.

How can I solve the  problem ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What happens when you use the standalone installer?  Please be specific in describing the behaviour.  If there is an error, post a screenshot (see How to post a screenshot in the forum)

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I've tried all the suggested solutions, nothing helped. Everything looks regular, installation starts and finish without errors, but the flash player appears not to be installed in my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

What is the name of the file you downloaded from the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page?

Please do the following:

Check Flash Player in Control Panel:

• Launch the Control Panel and navigate to Add/Remove Programs
  • Is Flash Player listed?  If so, post a screenshot (see How to post a screenshot in the forum‌ of the entry, including version number

Check Flash Player in Firefox:

• Launch Firefox and navigate to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
  • Click the Check Now button
  • The widget should display your system information (OS version, browser, Flash Player version)
    • If the system information is displayed, post a screenshot of the information.
  • If the widget indicates Flash Player is installed, but disabled, please see this FAQ to Enable Flash Player for Firefox

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines