• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't connect with Dreamweaver

Engaged ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't connect to BC with Dreamweaver. I have gone to the BC site and followed the directions and won't connect through STTP or FTP for that matter. Says either my password username is wrong (it's not I double checked). I've seen few threads on here but haven't seen a clear or any answer on how they have rectified tis situation.There is no firewall on so the FTP is wrong.DWBC.pngBCDW.png

TOPICS
Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

The correct answer is very simple. You have to SIGN OUT of the CC app manger on your desktop and then close DW and then open everything back up again. By just closing DW one would think you are signed out but you are not really you need to sign out of the Creative Cloud as well. Now you can go and do the recommended process and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Hope you were referring to this article: Connect to your site using Dreamweaver

Here's a simple site setup using SFTP for in DW that works:

http://prntscr.com/9e0qiy

And like the doc says, you need to have the username like this: mysite.worldsecuresystems.com/jdoe@mailcom/dw

Or maybe there's a firewall rule in your router or internet provider that blocks port 21 and/or 22?

I know this isn't much but please investigate further and I'm sure you'll get there.

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌yyes that is the article and the screenshot is exactly how I've been trying plus numerous other combinations. it doesn't matter,I hope or have read, that the site isn't live . I was thinking of that possibility last night that Comcast may have some firewall set up blocking that port. When I had tried ftp I thought it said that as that was why the manual suggested against it. Thanks for the reply I would really like to here from someone who posted about this problem and fixed it. There are numerous posts about this but no answers Or replies saying how they got connected. I'm wondering if they gave up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try with a simple FTP client at first?

Does that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean?  I tried setting it up through that same panel with FTP instead of SFTP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I was referring to a different application, like FileZilla.

Connecting to your site using sFTP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i havent tried that. I dont have an account with anyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you PMed me, this is the resolution for the issue you've encountered.

Can't connect to BC site via dreamweaver CC 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The correct answer is very simple. You have to SIGN OUT of the CC app manger on your desktop and then close DW and then open everything back up again. By just closing DW one would think you are signed out but you are not really you need to sign out of the Creative Cloud as well. Now you can go and do the recommended process and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines