• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp application slow

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2008 Apr 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running robohelp HTML on my c: drive and is slow to respond to my mouse. Even my system administrator is puzzled, because it should not take that much memory to run it. He wonders if the bottleneck could be the videocard. I am running on the following (which should be plenty sufficient) -

Pentium 4 2.4ghz
1GB RAM
64MB Video Card

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2008 Apr 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be worth trying to delete the project's CPD file. It gets recreated but can somethimes become bloated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello sneedhearn -

Try Colum's idea but be aware that the "rebuild" could take a little time, as in several minutes, depending on the size/complexity of the project (it's not instantaneous). Don't think the app is hung - let it do its thing.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sneedhearn,

(By the way, welcome to the forum.)

Which Win OS are you running, and which versions of MS Word and RH? Was this project created in a previous version of RH?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I am using Webhelp, so I am not using Word with this project, and to answer the other questions:

1. I am running Robohelp 7
2. This is a new project I am building

I did not see the file type you mentioned, but I will take another look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first installed RH7, it was also extremely slow. I deleted 75% of the fontsets and it is now working as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
sneedhearn,

It helps to know whether you're running RH 7 on Win2000, XP, Vista --which?

RH has a symbiotic relationship with Word. For example, when you import a Word document into RoboHelp, it uses Microsoft html conversion modules, also used by Word. When you install RH, it looks for all versions of Word already on the PC. If you upgrade MS Office after installing RH, you need to uninstall/reinstall RH (unless Adobe has fixe this? Does anyone know?).

Good luck,

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp