• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I convert MS Publisher files to Adobe?

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for a simple solution to convert Publisher files from Microsoft to Adobe?  Any help would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save as PDF in publisher. Create a new indesign file and place the file. The place command will only show the first page of the file, so check the "Show Import Options" box for all options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is telling me that InDesign CC will do a direct conversion from Publisher.  I'm consulting with a client that is using a Color MFP and not getting the desired output quality that they see on the screen.  We purchased the Xrite Colormunki utility and want to get what they see and found out that Publisher won't do color profiling.  Any help would be terrific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who ever told you that either misunderstood the question (I hope) or simply lied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wowza, that's a big request. All I can find is plug-ins that cost a bit. So it depends on how much you want to spend.

Found an old thread that might help too - Converting Publisher files to InDesign

Save the Publisher file as a RTF - delete all the imagery from the RTF in Word

Extract all the Images/Diagrams/Graphics from the PDF using the Edit Object command.

Raster images will open in Photoshop and Vector in Illustrator (can be setup up through Acrobat preferences)

Reassemble the layout in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. That won't work because all the info w/in such as text, tables & images would need to be layed out accordingly w/ the new template.  Basically I have spec sheets which I created in Publisher, and we've now decided to go w/ InDesign and a new base template.  However I need all the info ideally transferred into the new ID templates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's an update for Publisher to PDF to InDesign! I reached out to Markzware.com and this was the response. I included a PDF sample of my document (which was a product spec sheet w/ text, tables, shapes & images). All of the page parts w/ the doc now in ID were accessible for manipulation. There was minor formatting to be done.

"If you have PDFs we do have a Plug-In for InDesign called PDF2DTP which converts PDFs into InDesign files.

The conversion took under 10 seconds to complete on a MacMini running macOS 10.12.4 with 16GB RAM and an SSD boot drive. If you are interested in PDF2DTP,  you can get additional info and purchase it at - http://markzware.com/products/pdf2dtp/​ ."

Cost is $199 US dollars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a lot of files to convert, it may be worth your while to look into the pub2id converter from markzware.

markzware.com/pub2id/convert-publisher-files-indesign-files-pub2id-cs6/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this software mentioned before.  How hard is it to use???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interested to see if ID will open a Pub file as mentioned earlier.

From the Markzware site: Pub2ID has been DISCONTINUED. Please see our Products page for current Markzware offerings. Markzware also has a File Conversion Service where we can convert your Publisher files to InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines