• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can the Configuration Error: 16 be resolved?

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the problem:

Cannot launch any of my Adobe products. I only get a window that says configuration error  (Error: 16) and to please uninstall and reinstall the product. I've read on other posts that reinstalling the software doesn't fix the problem either. I also tried to edit the permissions in the Adobe folder and tried to launch as root user. Gave up at this point. So as instructed in the error, I contacted Adobe via chat to see if the problem could be resolved. I've chatted with Adobe about the Error Code: 16 (Configuration Error) and after being transferred to various support people they finally told me that my issue is only supported through forums before abruptly ending my chat. So I'm back here again hoping someone can guide me through this issue since I not so tech savvy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Please use the Adobe Cleaner tool to remove the current adobe apps. (Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems)

Click on the blow link and download Adobe Application manager and install the same :

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/win/ApplicationManager9.0_all.exe

Once the installation is completed, double click on Adobe Application Manager launch icon on Desktop.

Then install the application you wish to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Downloading, Installing, Setting Upā€Œ

Hi,

Which Adobe application are you using?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

Iā€™m using CS6 Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. Adobe Applications manager doesnā€™t seem to work anymore either. I do have a CC 2015 of Lightroom that does still launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the Adobe Cleaner tool to remove the current adobe apps. (Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems)

Click on the blow link and download Adobe Application manager and install the same :

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/win/ApplicationManager9.0_all.exe

Once the installation is completed, double click on Adobe Application Manager launch icon on Desktop.

Then install the application you wish to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

None of these tips worked for me.  I just ran Photoshop.exe as administrator and it worked.  Still cannot run from Creative Cloud app, but never could anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines