• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

conditional action switched to standard action - why?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with a great deal of conditional actions in my file (rushed deadline, will spend time learning shared actions soon). All of my conditional actions on the slides were working, but I've had to add a few items here and there, so I've been revisiting the actions to add some show/hide lines. I've updated 2 slides with no problem, now on my third slide all 3 of the conditional actions I had created have changed somehow to standard actions. I'm not sure what I did to make this happen, but I need to not do it again. Can anyone provide insight?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

If this is Captivate 9, which I suspect from the issues you are mentioning, please install this hotfix:

Hot fix | Adobe Captivate 9 issues

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is Captivate 9, which I suspect from the issues you are mentioning, please install this hotfix:

Hot fix | Adobe Captivate 9 issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I got help from IT to install this fix, but now when I try to preview my project I'm getting this error:

error.png

I'm not sure what to do now. Have you seen this before with this fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you clear the Preferences? You can still do it now, use the CleanPreferences... file for your OS. You can find that file in the subfolder 'Utils' of the Captivate installation folder.

There are some issues with the latest Flash player (released end of December). Did you upgrade the Flash player at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently updated my Flash player, what would be the best version of Flash to have installed on the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cleared the preferences, no change. should I just revert back to the backed-up files from before the hotfix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this thread in the Flash Player forum and check your Flash player version:

1/1/2016 - Release - Flash Player 20

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what part I'm supposed to be looking at. I have the most recent version: 20,0,0,267

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It depends on the browser. The first version did have issues with playing CP-published SWF's. Some browsers will have updated automatically, for the other browsers you have all the links in that thread. I see that some browsers do need 20.0.0.272

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources