• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What do you do if you get a message that your Flash Player is out of date?

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe Flash and got a message that said it was out of date-

I checked the site and couldn't see the moving clouds that indicated a successful installation

Can anyone tell me what could be wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Hi,

The out-of-date message is from the browser, not Flash Player.  What OS and browser is this on?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The out-of-date message is from the browser, not Flash Player.  What OS and browser is this on?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had El Capitan installed yesterday and I installed it through Safari- Maybe I'll try Chrome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please go to System Preferences > Flash Player > Updates

What Flash Player versions does it say you have installed (posting a screenshot would be great, see How to post a screenshot in the forum).

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Maria,

I was able to use Flash Player when I accessed the site I needed through Google Chrome- and not Safari so you were spot on.

I went to Flash Player and it says that NPAP1 version 20.0.0.267 was what was installed. I can say it was what Adobe connected me to when I was prompted to install Flash Player today.

Thank you for your help.

Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Seth,

NPAPI version 20.0.0.267 is the latest version of Flash Player for Safari, so not sure why the browser (not Flash Player) is displaying the out-of-date message.

This Apple Support page, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202819‌, provides more information on Plug-in management that may provide further assistance.

What happens when you click on the out-of-date message?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M-

when I click on the out of date message it prompts me to re install- which I did- but installed the same Flash program.

Using Google Chrome I was able to view the material I needed and haven't had any problems since- I may check out the link you mention for Plug in management at a later time. I'm good for now.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your knowledge.

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Seth,

Thanks for confirming the behaviour.  It's as I suspected, but wasn't sure.

Another thing to try, if  you haven't done so yet is to quit Safari and launch it again.  Flash Player can be installed with the browser open, but some browsers (Safari being one of them) won't load the newly installed plugin unless the browser session is completely terminated and a new session launched.  If you've done this already and Safari is still showing Flash as out-of-date then the issue is definitely with the browser, as you currently have the most recent version, but for some reason Safari things you have an older version.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines