• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing / Uninstalling RH Version X5

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2008 Apr 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ... I just had to uninstall my version of RoboHelp X5, 5.0.1, and 5.0.2, then have version 7.0.1 installed on my PC by IT for UAT testing, then they uninstalled 7.0.1 so I could reload the X5 version. I have reinstalled the X5.0 version from a disk. I also have ordered 7.0.1 (have to have it pushed to my PC via my IT group, which may take as many as 10 days to complete). In the meantime, I have a RoboHelp project due next week. Doesn't that just figure? FYI, I'm on XP and using Office 2003.

A couple of issues have arisen from this that I am hoping the list can help me with:

* I do not have version 5.0.1 or 5.0.2. Does anyone have any idea how I would get them? The "Check for Updates" in help tells me that the Macromedia server is down ... so that's no longer working. I seem to remember that there were big issues to running X5 without them. Am I remembering correctly?

* What's the best way to uninstall version X5 before obtaining version 7.0.1? I'm hoping that 7.0.1 will do the uninstall? If not, is it OK to just use Add/Remove programs? I didn't see an uninstall program on the disk. I had IT uninstall it the first time, and it took 4-5 days for them to do that after I requested it so I'm hoping for a quicker method.

* Does anyone know where I can get the version 7 tutorial? They are not including it in the new download.

TIA very much,
Alden

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 10, 2008 Apr 10, 2008
Hi Alden.

Click here to access the 5.0.2 patch. You just run this once you have installed RHX5 from the disk you have. The patch solves numerous queries so you are better to install it.

As far as uninstalling RH is concerned, normally just using your Add/Remove Programs control panel option does the trick. However in some instances not all the components are removed. You can click here for an article on how to make sure there are no elements left over.

As far as RH7 tutorials are concerned,...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alden.

Click here to access the 5.0.2 patch. You just run this once you have installed RHX5 from the disk you have. The patch solves numerous queries so you are better to install it.

As far as uninstalling RH is concerned, normally just using your Add/Remove Programs control panel option does the trick. However in some instances not all the components are removed. You can click here for an article on how to make sure there are no elements left over.

As far as RH7 tutorials are concerned, hop over to Peter Grainge's site for a plethora of info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colum,

You are a lifesaver!!!!!!

Thanks again
Alden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am advised that RH7 does remove all traces of itself. X5 did not but there is information on Adobe's site. There's a link in my Opening Projects article.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Peter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp