• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

“Full Motion Recording” gives multiple slides

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2008 Apr 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m recording web lectures using Captivate v3.

Recording as “Full Motion Recording” results in multiple slides. How do I avoid this. I just want one continuous slide containing the whole video and whole audio.

The lecture is then published to Flash.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 10, 2008 Apr 10, 2008

I’m sorry if I have expressed myself so poorly so you interprete it as a cross-posting. As I view it I have two different problems.
1) When I record “Full Motion Recording” I get multiple slides, while I want it to get recorded as a single slide.
2) If I have a recording consisting of multiple slides and export it, I get the audio in several files. Is it possible to export the audio in a single file?
I posted the recording question and the export portion of this problem in the respective forum...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was also asked in a different forum category. This practice is known as cross-posting and should be avoided. Please direct any responses to the other post. You may do so by clicking here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m sorry if I have expressed myself so poorly so you interprete it as a cross-posting. As I view it I have two different problems.
1) When I record “Full Motion Recording” I get multiple slides, while I want it to get recorded as a single slide.
2) If I have a recording consisting of multiple slides and export it, I get the audio in several files. Is it possible to export the audio in a single file?
I posted the recording question and the export portion of this problem in the respective forum. Is that cross-posting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MatsSjoq

Sorry about that. My bad. I read the part of recording lectures in both places and misinterpreted your posts.

The link I provided in the other post should help with the multiple sound files. If you are wanting a single continuous video file, Captivate probably isn't your tool of choice at the moment. Who knows what the future may hold, but presently I don't believe it's quite up to the task of a single way long recording.

If you wish to try and coax it into a single recording, there is a Full Motion Editor you may download and use. Personally, I believe it's a bit of a misnomer to call it an "editor", as it doesn't truly allow for editing individual elements. It really only allows slicing, dicing and joining multiple full motion clips. You may view the article as well as download it by following this link.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2008 Apr 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am a new user of Captivate but with many years pf software experience but are finding a lot of problems with Captivate. I have already reasearched this problem and I think this is part of your answer. It appears a Flash file will not allow more than 16,000 frames. If you record and compress at 30fps, then you will have an upper record limit of 8.9 minutes. You can change the output production rate to create the flash file to a lower value say 25fpm BUT you will get a poorer quality output.

Hopefully Adobe will look at some of these file limitations as any swf file over 10 minutes becomes a night mare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources