Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Versions: Help, Source, Server

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2008 Mar 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
We are planning to upgrade from RoboHelp 6 to RoboHelp 7. Does this mean that we also have to upgrade our RoboServer? (I think we have RoboServer 6).
We also have RoboSource 3...is that okay for RoboHelp 7?
Thanks,
Joe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2008 Mar 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe.

You do need to have RH Server 7 to publish content created by RH7. This is because of the unicode feature that is part of RH7 which means earlier versions of RH Server are unable to cope with the output.

The RoboSource software is part and parcel of RH7. Therefore you will get this as part of RH7. To be honest I'm not aware if it has been upgraded in RH7 as I have never installed it ot used it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2008 Apr 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Colum McAndrew
You do need to have RH Server 7 to publish content created by RH7.

Did I read this correctly? Do I really need RoboHelp Server 7 to publish my project? I thought I just needed the server for creating the usage reports.

I'm using RoboHelp X5 right now (and thinking seriously about upgrading to 7) -- and it looks like X5 has an option for publishing WebHelp...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gayres

You only need RoboHelp Server if you are creating WebHelp Pro or FlashHelp Pro outputs.

Regular WebHelp and FlashHelp work just fine on a standard Web server.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks to all for clearing that up. Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebHelp has been an option for many versions and that does NOT need any version of RoboEngine or RH Server.

To get the reports that RoboEngine and RH Server provide, the output has to be WebHelp Pro and that does require the correct server version.

So if you want those reports, you need WebHelp Pro and that needs RH Server.

RoboSource is a different animal. That is to do with source control and not the two outputs.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp