• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'digital editions could not connect to the activation server' - error - installed on vista and ID works for Myaccount, so what is the problem

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'digital editions could not connect to the activation server' - error - installed on vista and ID works for Myaccount, so what is the problem? First time user.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sunielb56452907,

I suspect you may be experiencing one of the known activation errors for Digital Editions. Do you see a specific error message like E_AUTH_NOT_READY? If so, please review the following help document, which includes troubleshooting steps: Activation errors

Just in case this doesn't solve your issue, I'm moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum, where the experts are best equipped to offer solutions.

Best,

Del

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which error message you get exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nanaky

Thanks for coming back. I ordered an item from the USA which is in ADE format for me to see. So I set up ID etc but the document does not open on my laptop which has Vista. However, curiously, the same ID and steps taken have worked on my Samsung Tab 3 for me to open the document. I tried reinstall, 'without authorisation' , but to no avail. I am on this side of the pond, UK. Del Z made a few suggestions to de-authorise but that did not work because one can't click on the document as advised, it simply connects to the authorisation box below for the error to occur. You will also see below that the free stuff works in the library. It is only for this paid-for item there appears to be a problem.

Kind regards

Suniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you the same Adobe ID used on the Tab if its works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the same ID used once for the Tab, but for the Tab 3 I also had to install the ALDIKO eREADER as instructed to see the document and it opens just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Aldiko Reader authoirze with your Adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, see instructions below:

FOR ANDROID TABLETS AND PHONES INSTALL 'ALDIKO eREADER':

1. To install Aldiko go to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aldiko.android

2. Click 'INSTALL', then 'ACCEPT'. It will install in a few minutes.

3. After you have installed Aldiko, open the eBook Download Link.

4. IMPORTANT!!! IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN ADOBE ID YOU WILL GET AN ERROR MESSAGE. THAT'S OKAY. Just 'Dismiss' the message, then...

5. Either 'Log in' with an Adobe ID or select 'Sign up' and follow the instructions.

6. Once you have Authorized you device, your eBook will download and you can open it.

Because I had already tried to open in my laptop but failed, I had the ID, so used it for the Aldiko and it worked...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor.
  11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nanaky

Thanks. I intend to install as listed. It requires me to close all applications which for the moment is a bit tricky as I have numerous tabs and documents open for a project I am working on which I can't afford to close just yet. But I'll install soon and report.

Suniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines