• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Read Registry AppPath

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2008 Mar 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new XP machine and have installed and reinstalled RG X5 three times and every time i try to launch a project, i get the following error:

"Can't Read Registry AppPath
RoboHelp may not be properly installed
RE-install RoboHelp if you continue to get this message"

Anybody out there have thoughts on how to correct this?

Thanks in advance

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 02, 2008 Jul 02, 2008
Well.. I had the same issue... tried the same things... same results. However, deleting this file fixed things for me:
C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP\RoboHook.wll.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2008 Mar 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert.
Are you installing with full administrator rights? If not, it won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2008 Mar 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I have system admin rights to the LAN and this machine in particular. That's why this is so strange. This is the second machine it has been installed on, both XP Pro, 2002 SP2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you installing on a LAN or on each PC? The licence agreement does not allow installation over a LAN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am only installing on one PC, mine. I was just noting that I have admin over the entire LAN, including my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2008 Mar 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be worth checking out this knowledge base article. Maybe there are some registry keys there that shouldn't be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2008 Apr 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your suggestion and applied the changes outlined in the article, but the behavior is still the same

Very frustrating. any other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2008 Apr 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try installing on another PC? If that works, just double check that you do indeed have full admin rights before you try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2008 Jul 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Well.. I had the same issue... tried the same things... same results. However, deleting this file fixed things for me:
C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP\RoboHook.wll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp