Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot install adobe air on windows 10

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried installing adobe air 20.0.0.233 on windows 10

Get message "installation completed .. adobe air has been successfully installed"

However, in checking apps installed, there is no adobe air listed

I have tried installing with compatibility selection for Windows 8 but no success

Anyone have a solution?  Thanks

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe AIR is a runtime - like Flash Player is an internet browser plug in. It makes it possible for applications written as AIR apps to run. As it is essentially a "helper" application you will not see it listed in your Applications folder. You will of course see listed, the apps that make use of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe Air version 19 did appear in my apps listing ; that is where I had uninstalled it in an then tried to install version 20;  so, you are saying that version 20 will not appear in the apps listing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies. I'm on a Mac and "some" of the AIR installers/uninstallers  do appear under Applications but inside a directory called "Utilities". However, there is no Adobe AIR showing there for me. Just "Adobe AIR Uninstaller" and Adobe AIR APPLICATION Installer", no Adobe AIR.

On a Mac Adobe AIR installs into a completely different location, not under Applications. I think it's in the System somewhere. Perhaps it's somewhere similar on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After attempting to install AA, I have also tried to load the applications, which need AA, and they still do not load and give the message that I need to install adobe Air; thus confirming that AA did not install correctly. It appears that windows 10 is intentionally blocking the install of Adobe Air which is really frustrating for the user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, i just saw your last message, that you have already tested with some app.

----------------------------------------------------------

Also today, after I installed latest AIR on Windows 8, i see it lists the files here :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0

There is an Adobe AIR.dll file, with file and product version 20.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for offering information on this problem

Still not solved

You mention an Adobe Air.dll file what do I do with this file?

thanks

JOhn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Air.dll is actually the main file as I see.  Try to search it on your machine. If you get that file, then probably that should be the place where it got installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again

I do see a number of adobe.air.dll files in different folders; but they

pertain to different apps with use the Adobe Air run feature. The actual

Adobe Air App is not to be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, did you try installing with Administrative access ?

Here is another link you may refer, in case you did not look into yet :

Troubleshoot AIR installation | Windows

Unfortunately, in the worst case, you may just need to wait for the next update.

As I can see, many other posts with the similar problem, but did not yet get any solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jwcga,

I stumbled upon this thread, after looking through the job post on guru.com.  Not sure, if you have posted it or someone else.

Can you tell me, why are you looking for it to get listed ? I have Windows 8, but I too don't see it in the list directly. There are many dll files.. "Adobe AIR.dll", I can see while searching.

May be you just need to test an AIR based application or game. If it works fine, then it means Adobe AIR has installed successfully on your system.

Vishwas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

log from log Windows 10 Dell xps 18 aio. tried many times. many times. What happened? no net problems. run myinfinity app from carrier ac company. no problems on iphones and from web browsers. wont load or run on my PC.

[2016-06-27:01:07:42] Starting silent runtime install. Installing runtime version 22.0.0.153

[2016-06-27:01:07:42] Installing msi at c:\users\dan\appdata\local\temp\airddc8.tmp\setup.msi with guid {F2E04A40-3EA7-42F8-B7CC-B6E7A39DC150}

[2016-06-27:01:07:43] Runtime Installer end with exit code 0

[2016-06-27:01:07:44] Elevated install completed

[2016-06-27:01:07:47] Launching subprocess with commandline c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Resources\Adobe AIR Updater -installupdatecheck

[2016-06-27:01:07:47] Runtime Installer end with exit code 0

[2016-06-27:01:07:47] Runtime Installer begin with version 22.0.0.153 on Windows 10 x86

[2016-06-27:01:07:47] Commandline is: -installupdatecheck

[2016-06-27:01:07:47] Installed runtime (22.0.0.153) located at c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR

[2016-06-27:01:07:48] Performing pingback request

[2016-06-27:01:07:49] Pingback request completed with HTTP status 200

[2016-06-27:01:07:49] Starting runtime background update check

[2016-06-27:01:07:49] Begin Background update download from http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/3/background/windows/x86/patch/22.0.0.153/update

[2016-06-27:01:07:49] Unpackaging http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/3/background/windows/x86/patch/22.0.0.153/update to C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\AIR\Updater\Background

[2016-06-27:01:07:51] Runtime update not available

[2016-06-27:01:07:51] Unpackaging cancelled

[2016-06-27:01:07:51] Runtime Installer end with exit code 0

couldn't find exit codes that matched any of these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

We are happy to inform you that you currently have the most recent version of adobe air available in market i.e 22.0.0.153 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue on my work system and then decided to try the Runtime version downloaded through our distribution agreement and it worked.  Not sure if there is a difference between general release and redistributable but I figured I'd mention it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think MyInfinity app by Carrier Air Conditioning is misleading on what it is. After extensive testing from Adobe AIR version 22 to 21 to 4 and back to version 22, with both IE and Edge on Windows 10, I concluded Adobe was fine. With each scenario I reinstalled the MyInfinity app, ran tests and viewed outcomes. Between each iteration I deleted all remnants of any downloaded code, deleted all files from recycle bin, and restarted system. Windows 10 didn't make that all easy though maybe intentional. I did this all with one intent: prior to calling support at Carrier for the MyInfinity app, I wanted to be prepared with complete information on any conceivable envrironment other than reloading Windows 10! Along the way the MyInfinity stated each visit that Adobe AIR version 3.4 or later was required. That got my attention considering the release history of Adobe AIR.

I got to Carrier MyInfinity support and posed my problem with the failure of an app to appear on my desktop. 1st line understood what I was looking for though not sure I should be looking. 2nd line understood what I was looking for and promptly told me not to look...not going to be there. All of the Adobe and Myinfinity app code are for old systems...really old systems I guess. None of it is needed as going to their website and clicking a button will launch their in-home control pad emulator within the Adobe add-in code that comes in any distribution of the browser...any recent Windows browser.

After all that adventure and a brief discussion of "what an app is or assumed is", my call notes were passed on to developers. I politely said good-bye. Probably my fault for not remembering the evolution of the word "app" and that Adobe is needed to display the graphics many systems want to display in a browser. Never used a Windows smartphone and don't know if app misconstrued over there.

Anyway, thanks to the community and all that guided me here. As always, a great asset for the Adobe products. I learned a bunch about the Adobe product architecture in the Windows environment and its distribution over the years.

DON'T KNOW HOW TO MARK MY POST? REPLY? whatever ABOVE ANSWERED. BUT I'M GOOD..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure where this going. I added a reply/post on this thread. All replies got me to my ends. Not sure how to do "Correct" response.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the creator of the thread can mark it "correct".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Satinder,

Seems I got exactly same issue with the that adobe air can not be installed on my windows 10.

I have changed the settings into windows 7&8, it says installed successfully, then disappeared and I can not find it everywhere, also, the software that i am going to run under adobe air doesn't work either, could you please help.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

u can install SettingsManager.air simply by changing the time in pc settings to the year 2015 or 14...i just tried it out works fine then u can update the time again on pc.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally found something that worked for me (Windows 10).

- After downloading the Adobe Air .exe file, go to its location (usually in your Downloads folder) and right click on it.  Rather than clicking on "Run as Administrator" (which did not work for me), click on "Properties".

- Then go to the "Compatibility" tab.

- At the bottom of the Compatibility tab place a check beside "Run this program as an Administrator".

- Hit the "Apply" button and try running your Adobe Air install again.

Note: After doing this, I had to do the same steps for the program that I was initially trying to install that required Adobe Air as a pre-requisite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines