• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I open attachment in mail on my iPad?

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a pdf file that was attached to an email. Paperclip shows on notification but not when I open the email.  I have an iPad Air version 8.2. I just downloaded the current version of Adobe. I have tried several of the suggestions given on various sites on the Internet but no luck.  Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , iOS , View or share PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you using Apple Mail to read email on your iPad?

Would you please take a look at the "Open from Mail" section in the following FAQ document to see if it helps?

How to open PDF documents in Adobe Acrobat Reader for iOS (iPad version)

Please let us know if you use some other email app on your iPad or have additional questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very embarassing, I found the file at the bottom of all the rec'd and sent emails and opened it with no problem. I think my problem before was an older version of Adobe??? Sorry for the bother!! D

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem.  I am glad to hear that you figured it out!

Please bear in mind...For a single-page PDF document, Apple Mail often embeds a preview image (instead of showing the attachment icon) in an email body. In that case, you need to press & hold over the preview image to display the popover to use the iOS "Open in" feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines