• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Installation Issues - Windows 7 - Fix not resolving

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the permission issues when installing (so can't instal). Have tried the fixes on website - but still no joy. Any help out there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried the solution in this FAQ: How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

Sadly have tried this - still the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'd like to see the FlashInstall.log file from your system. It is saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.  If this is a 64-bit OS there is another FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash.  Please upload the file(s), both if this is a 64-bit OS, to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions at How to share a document or some other file sharing service (that does not require an account/login to access) of your choice.  Post the link to the uploaded file(s) in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

You should find them here:

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Regards,

john

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for posting the log file.  The error is that there is a permissions issue with the Flash Player Control Panel file which is preventing the file from being replaced.  Unfortunately, the reset_fp.bat script posted at How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player? doesn't include the path to this file. I'll see about updating the script with this file.  In the interim you can try using the file in this Microsoft kb article, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/968003, which is a lot less restrictive and resets permissions on all files in the system.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maria,

Tried this fix. All seemed to run ok (lots of fails on cmd programme), but still wont allow update - permission issues!

Regards,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines