7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2016 6:44 AM by Darma

AE CC 2015 UI still doesn't allow dark on light background text

dwgregg

So I read the following in the "What's New" for AE 2015 and downloaded it.

"Adapt the UI to your preferences

Navigate panels faster thanks to streamlined panel groups. Adjust the brightness of interactive controls to get the contrast just right."

Only to discover that I still can't be set to run it with dark type on a light background. (%#$^&*(*^%@$#$%!!!!) The tone changed a little bit, but it is still only a dark bkg with light type.  I know this is considered "really cool" among some, but it is very hard on my old eyes.  To me, it is about as cool as the screen on my Apple II or DOS machine their green on black theme.  It is foolishly hard on the eyes and there is no excuse for taking it out of users hands.

I'm still running the last version with full user control over the UI environment colors.  Please, fire the product manager, programmer, designer or other rock head that can't comprehend that pissing off users with crap like this is not good business.  Cosa After Effects was great because a bunch of great young programmers who knew nothing about compositing, found a bunch of experienced compositors and gave them what they wanted.  Don't forget that Adobe.  You will lose your graphics soul and your reputation if you do.