• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why chatroulette.com charge .10usd for each connection through their site using flas player? Is it Adobe biz? Why is it so expensive? Last week I spent more than $1.000. Can Adobe make a discount for loyal user?

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why chatroulette.com charge .10usd for each connection through their site using flas player? Is it Adobe biz? Why is it so expensive? Last week I spent more than $1.000. Can u make a discount for loyal user?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Those fees have nothing to do with us.  Flash Player is a free product. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You'll have to contact chatroulette.com regarding their business policies, not Adobe.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling that you've been tricked by malware on your computer, and that you've been giving money to criminals taking advantage of you.  I'd recommend having a conversation with your bank about what happened, and to get a new credit card number issued.

I just took a look, and as far as I can tell, chatroulette doesn't charge for the service.  Searching google for things like "Chatroulette charges fees" didn't turn up anything either.  When I visit their website, I don't see any kind of prompts about paying for the service.  Adobe certainly doesn't charge for Flash Player.

I'd love to see screenshots of the prompt.  There's a particularly prevalent fake product called "Flash Player Pro" that tricks people into paying $10 for an unauthorized copy of Flash Player, which may or may not be infected with additional malware.

How to post a screenshot in the forum

Anyway, there's a good chance that you've given your credit card number to criminals.  I'd start by talking to your bank and minimizing any additional potential for abuse on your credit cards, then have a discussion about potentially reversing the charges.

Once you've talked to your bank, then you need to deal with the malware problem on your computer/computer(s).  That's beyond the scope of what I'm prepared to help with through this forum, but backing up any critical files, then wiping the system and starting over from scratch is a prudent approach, particularly if you're using the computer for financial, healthcare or other sensitive data.  If you use USB thumb drives on that computer, you might consider backing that content up before you wipe the computer, and then disposing of them afterwards, as they can be persistent sources of infection.

Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chatroulette built on flash player, but it is not free service

For free chatroulette only let to chat with perverts

But if you want to chat without perverts, chat roulette

push you to buy tokens at price $10 for 100 connections

And my question : is this money goes to Adobe or chat roulette wallet?? I

think, many hundreds users daily buy this tokens, and tens thousand dollars

cash goes to whom? Can this Adobe flash service be free of charge?

Thank you

On Saturday, January 16, 2016, jeromiec83223024 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those fees have nothing to do with us.  Flash Player is a free product. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines