• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Host Result's on internal server not working in Captivate 5

Oct 04, 2010 Oct 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am trying to save the results from my quiz on localhost in captivate 5, I have followed adobe's instruction which can be found at the following link:

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2010/08/reporting-the-quiz-results-to-a-local-server.html

The quiz seems to connect to the InternalServerReporting.php file without any problems but no new files or folders are getting created. I am publishing my quizzes to my C:\ drive and the InternalServerReporting.php file is stored in the root of localhost.

Any help with what might be stopping the script storing the results would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2010 Oct 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi simonmcm,

Though you have mentioned that you have referred to the adobe's instruction but it would be really helpful if you can check the following things to ensure that the set up is proper.

1. Check whether the WAMP server is running or not.
2. Place the InternalServerReporting.php file inside the root folder i.e. [InstallDirectory]/wamp/www/
    Check that the php script which you have placed in the root is accessible  from the web browser.
i.e. type http://localhost/InternalServerReporting.php in your web browser and check that the file is accessible.
3. Check your write permission to the folder where you have placed the InternalServerReporting.php.

4. While configuring the Internal Server in Adobe Captivate ,enter the server address as you have typed in step2 in the "Configure the Internal Server"  section.
4. If all the above are working properly for you then please let us know what is the "Status Message" you are getting  when you are trying to post the result.
5. Finally in which Operating System you are facing this issue.

Thanks,

Subhransu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Subhransu,

Please i need help urgently. I currently use captivate 5 on a mac OS and I want to record my quiz results on my local server. I currently use xampp rather than wamp but I finding it hard to setup the local server. I am currently following the steps you stated below and when I post results from the quiz, it tells me posted successfully but i do not see any captivate results folder in my root folder (htdocs in xampp). please could you help me on how i can overcome this problem..please it is really urgent. I need your help. Thanks. Below is the following i get on my web browser when i try to run the file:

Warning:  mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/trainlocal/internalServerReporting.php on line 35

Warning:  mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/trainlocal/internalServerReporting.php on line 37

Warning:  mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/trainlocal/internalServerReporting.php on line 39

Warning:  mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/trainlocal/internalServerReporting.php on line 41

Warning:  fopen(./CaptivateResults////////) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/trainlocal/internalServerReporting.php on line 43

Warning:  fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/trainlocal/internalServerReporting.php on line 44

Warning:  fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/trainlocal/internalServerReporting.php on line 45

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, please do you know how the results can be configured to be in a database please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2011 Dec 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you solve the problem?

I know how to do if you could not.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, is there a solution one would share?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources