Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH Starter missing HTML options on XP

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2006 Aug 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help is appreciated:

Nifty, new Windows XP Professional does not play well with RH: although I've installed/de-installed/re-installed RH X5 Office (Pro for Net), several times, the Starter tab does not display *any* of the HTML options to create/open such projects. On Starter's Application menu, RoboHelp HTML is not available (famous "grey-out").

Previously, everything was fine on Windows 2000. I'm concerned because we may be migrating all projects to HTML from Word, and would like to actually use the program.

Does anyone know of any work-arounds? Does RHX5 not work with XP Pro?

Thank you for any thoughts/suggestions/etc.
RoboStuck

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 16, 2006 Aug 16, 2006
Welcome to the forum.

RH works just fine on XP, any flavour. It sounds more like something has gone wrong with the installation. Perhaps this topic will help. Click here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2006 Aug 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

RH works just fine on XP, any flavour. It sounds more like something has gone wrong with the installation. Perhaps this topic will help. Click here.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2006 Aug 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Took 24 hours, but well worth the wait: the directions for complete delete and reinstall with admin rights worked.

RoboStuck is RoboHappy (this should last at least a day...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2006 Aug 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the reference to took 24 hours a pop at the delay in replying? If it is please be aware that this is a peer to peer forum supported by fellow authors around the world who occasionally have to give their work priority or they need some sleep.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2006 Aug 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No....it took 24 hours for my COMPANY'S tech support to help.

Sorry for the confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

At the risk of belaboring a thread with a solution, I'm wondering why RoboStarter is in the mix? Generally, folks use either RoboHelp HTML or RoboHelp for Word. I seldom (if ever) see anyone use both applications. Consequently, I've always instructed users to create a shortcut to the application of their choice and totally skip the RoboHelp Starter application. This app is very dated and has many links that are not functional as they are now looking for servers that no longer exist. I also always refer to this little app as "RoboHelp on training wheels".

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not disagreeing with that, I always trash the shortcut first thing after installing. However, if it isn't showing what it should, my thinking was what else might be wrong so best to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Peter

Oh yes, I totally agree that any underlying issue should definiitely be addressed. It just surprises me to see folks still using that gizmo.

I guess I see it along the lines of seeing people with VCRs flashing 12:00 or with appliances that have been used for months on end and the protective plastic covering is coming off the edges. You know the covering I'm talking about. The kind that is intended to be peeled off from the onset? ;)

Happy Friday all... Rick :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp