• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Host Header

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2008 Mar 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We currently have our websites in IIS set up with an IP address and port number. We wish to change this to a host header. If we change this to a host header can each employee still push there project? They are currently pushing their project to the port number.

Example on RoboHelp7 client when we publish to the RoboHelp Server we enter server name of 191.xxx.xxx.xxx:88 so we are going to port 88 which directs to the right information. If we use a host header what do we enter for the server name? Since all sites will be off of port 80 with a host header? 191.xxx.xxx.xxx:"host header name"?

If you could point me to the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2008 Apr 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I figured this out. Host Headers are the way to go they work fine and I recommend setting it up that way. The ideal way to do this would have been to set up with virtual directory so you only have to register one DNS name for all of your sites. Example
help.comapanyname.com/website1. However I was not able to get this to work and there was no documentation on the subject. If anyone had success with this please pass on the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp