• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player20 installation failure at Windows7 sp1 64bit, IE11 32bit

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to install by install_flash_player_ax.exe, but failed showing "Can not register ActiveX control for Flash player". 

Followed every step to cure the problem, which are instructed on helpx including ActiveX filtering off , Add-on shockwave enabled, falsh player records delete, Macromedia cache delete, so on.   One thing undone is hareware acceleration because I can't find where the version box.

Could you recommend trouble-shootings from your knowledge and experience ?   Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Hi,

Thank you for the updated log file.  I am still seeing the same error.  Do you have anti-virus running, if so, which one?

It's possible the anti-virus software (if installed) is interfering with the installation, and some process is still modifying, or locking, a file and preventing the installation.  You can try the solution in this Microsoft KB article, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/968003, which has worked for other users.  This solution resets permissions on all files and registry

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'll need to get the FlashInstall.log file from you to troubleshoot further.  On a 64-bit OS, the FlashInstall.log file is located at following locations (both are required)

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall.log
  • C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall.log

Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions at How to share a document or some other file sharing service of your choice (not requiring a log in to access) and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Ms. Maria Vargas,

Thanks a lot for your attention and kind reply. 

Here it's attached the link containing 2 Flashinstall.log files.   One is under system32 folder and another is under sysWOW64.

https://cloud.acrobat.com/folder/bc825eeb-369e-4ac1-afea-07aa21176e66

Thank you.

With regards,

MJ Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am getting 'File Not Found (404) - The file you are trying to access could not be found.  The file may have been deleted or moved in another session' error when using the link to download the files.  Please post the correct link to the files.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I checked the above link before posting you, I could see the Flashinstall.log files under system32 folder.   I didn't download the other one under sysWOW64 folder.   Now I found this doesn't open.

I made the link hereunder one by one.

This's the link for Flashinstall.log under system32 folder.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/984ea0b8-0b6e-4662-a3e0-27d9cf7b498e

This's the link for the other one.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/b15fb234-6133-4c35-b304-173bc765cc72

Thank you.

With regards,

MJ Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for posting the log file.  Please try the following:

1. Download the uninstaller posted here: Uninstall Flash Player for Windows
  2. Launch IE and download the installer posted at https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
  3. Run the uninstaller
  4. Reboot the system
  5. Follow the instructions in this FAQ How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?
    • Skip step 1 since you are getting the 'cannot register ActiveX' error

Post back if you were to install Flash Player, or if it's still returning an error.  If still returning an error post a new set of FlashInstall.log files from both System32 and SysWOW64 directories.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for posting the above trouble shooting, but it doesn't work.   It's still returning an error.   Here I send you a new set of Flashinstall.log file under system32 folder and that under sysWOW64 folder.

This's the link for Flashinstall.log under system32 folder.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/99fa0ca7-cb31-4634-86e6-8cd26244fa85

This's the other one.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/aafc34b0-59c5-46e3-a3e6-c994dc5ca4e6

I thought Windows reinstallation could be the best way to solve this problem.   However, this trouble could happen again.   I realized it's the reason you help me kindly here.   I would like to fix this problem with you.   Thank you.

With Regards,

MJ. KIM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the updated log file.  I am still seeing the same error.  Do you have anti-virus running, if so, which one?

It's possible the anti-virus software (if installed) is interfering with the installation, and some process is still modifying, or locking, a file and preventing the installation.  You can try the solution in this Microsoft KB article, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/968003, which has worked for other users.  This solution resets permissions on all files and registry entries, whereas our file (the one you ran before), only resets permissions on Flash Player related files and registry entries.  I've seen this before, where our fp_reset.bat file did not fix the issue, but this solution from Microsoft does.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Maria,

Bravo !!   Now the Abobe Flash Player's installed and runs well.

Very appreciate you've attended at the trouble-shooting.   My heart likes to fly.   Thank you very much.

With regards,

MJ Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines