Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant import Fuji RAF Files into Lightroom

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2015 Jan 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Ive just purchased a FUJI XT1 (Ver 3.00) and updated the firmware. I went out shooting in RAW and unfortunately I can't import my new photographs.

In Lightroom (5.3) it says that "Preview unavailable for this file".

So I went to Adobe DNG Converter (8.7.1) and it doesn't recognise the RAF files.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 11, 2015 Jan 11, 2015

If you are talking about the Fuji X-T1 then you need to have at least Lightroom 5.4 installed. The DNG converter should work. But I suspect you didn't use it properly. The DNG converter prompts for a FOLDER that contains raw images. You need to choose the folder but not open it. Then the DNG converter will find all of the raw images in that folder and will create DNG copies.

If you are talking about that model, you should be able to open the original raw images if you update to the latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about the Fuji X-T1 then you need to have at least Lightroom 5.4 installed. The DNG converter should work. But I suspect you didn't use it properly. The DNG converter prompts for a FOLDER that contains raw images. You need to choose the folder but not open it. Then the DNG converter will find all of the raw images in that folder and will create DNG copies.

If you are talking about that model, you should be able to open the original raw images if you update to the latest version which is Lightroom 5.7.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Ive just purchased a FUJI XT2, replacing my FUJI XT1, and I use a Mac.

I went out shooting in RAW and unfortunately I can't import my new photographs.

In Lightroom (5.7.1) it says that "Preview unavailable for this file".

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom (5.3) it says that "Preview unavailable for this file".

The X-T1 was first supported in Lightroom 5.4.

Camera Raw plug-in | Supported cameras

Update your version 5.3 to the current version 5.7.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lightroom 4 and I am unable to open RAF files from a fuji X-A1. Any ideas how to convert the raw files. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either convert them to DNG with the free Adobe DNG Converter; or upgrade Lightroom.

Camera Raw plug-in | Supported cameras

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so I have LR 5.7.1 and the Fuji X-T10 and LR is saying the .RAF is an unrecognised(?). I don't think I'm doing anything 'wrong' or at least differently to when I import from my 7D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The XT10 requires LR 6.1 or newer.  You have to pay for an upgrade to LR 6.x or a subscription to LR CC, or use the free DNG Converter to make DNGs from the RAFs and those DNGs will open in your obsolete LR version.

Here is the reference of what version of what software is needed for each camera model:  Cameras supported by Camera Raw

The latest version of the DNG Converter can be downloaded from near the top of the Adobe Updates page:

Product updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2015 Oct 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me also... Have a new  Fuji XT10 and it's saying the same thing as ALim.. I also have lightroom CC (I got this especially so I could finally see my photos!) but it's still not recognising.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2015 Nov 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "stll not recognising..." mean?

What's the exact error message?

What's your OS?

And - specifically (not "the latest...") - which version of Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just purchased lightroom 6 and still can't open RAF file

Can anybody assist me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't stated which camera the files are from.

But make sure you have updated to LR 6.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌i have Fuji X100t and an X-T1 and can import and open RAF files in LR cc latest update.  I did nothing special to get to this. It just worked. 

Can you elaborate on your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H‌i phil323uk and alans88066064,

I have a fujifilm xt10 and using Lightroom 6.

after shooting in raw for some reason the RAF files could not be imported to Lightroom 6.

Tried converting to dng as well and still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Support for the X-T10 was added in LR 6.1, make sure your version of LR is up to date, the latest version is 6.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you're using LR 6.1 or higher.  You have not stated if you're using CC or a desktop version, but still should be able to fully update LR 6.X to the latest version.

X-T10 files are the same as files from X100T and X-T1, same sensor, same processor. I have NO problems importing RAF files. So, something is amiss on your local situation.  Please elaborate more or update your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "Can you elaborate on your problem?" the obvious important things here are:

1) What exact version of Lightroom, go to Help-> About and, there on the about line, will state the actual version?

2) How are you trying to convert to DNG, with Lightroom or the DNG converter, and if the DNG converter what version is it? And;

2) When you try to import the RAW (RAF) files do you get an error message and, if so, what is it?

I too have a X100T and works fine in Lightroom v6.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2016 Feb 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fuji x100t and I also get the your files are not recognised message. If I save in raw plus fine, lightroom 5.4 won't import the jpegs. If I save the jpegs to the desktop, lightroom will import but by then they're too small and no use. I cannot update as my pc is really old and I don't process that many photos. I tried using LR mobile but that doesn't import .raf AND it compresses the files to Facebook size so is useless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things you can do:

After installing the DNG converter copy your X100T RAF files into a directory, open the DNG converter and convert the contents of the directory to DNG.

You will then be able to import those DNG (RAW files) into Lightroom 5.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion - I just get the message "no embedded originals were extracted". I have tried and tried! At the moment I'm just converting to jpeg in camera but obviously I'd rather not...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're pressing the wrong button.  Extracting originals is what you do with DNGs that have been created with the original raw file embedded in them.

If you are converting RAF files to DNG then you should be pressing the Convert button not the Extract button.  Before the Convert button is active, you need to specify the Source folder that contains the RAF files that you want to convert to DNGs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah thank you! How didn't I see that?? I finally have out of camera files to play with

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a macbook pro thinking a better computer would help. Lightroom STILL can't see the fuji raw files. Crazy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

karens32410408 wrote:

I just bought a macbook pro thinking a better computer would help. Lightroom STILL can't see the fuji raw files. Crazy...

As you can see from this thread Lightroom 5.4 will never import RAF files from the Fuji X100T, you need to update to 5.7 but make that the latest version which is 5.7.1

In your browser search for 'download lightroom 5.7.1 mac' and download from the adobe site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines