• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index.htm file not opening after being uploaded to web server

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using the trial version of Adobe Presenter 11. I faced some issues after publishing one of my presentations and hosting it on the web server - while the index.htm file opens as expected on my local machine, when I try opening the index.htm file hosted on the web server, it opens a blank page. I had uploaded the entire published folder to the web server, not just the index.htm file. Could someone please help me here?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your issue.

Could you please provide more details stating whether the issue is occurring for SWF/HTML5/both. Also please confirm which web sever you are using to play the published output.

Request you to please package your presentation and send it to me using drop box (zhussain@adobe.com)

Note: You can package your project using the Package option available on the Presenter ribbon.

Thanks,

Zeeshan Hussain

Adobe Presenter Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zeeshan,

Thanks for your response.

I have sent you the drop box link as requested.

I had uploaded the published folder(used both SWF/HTML 5 options while publishing) on my company's web server, double clicking the uploaded index.htm file opens a blank page. Hope you can help me out here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just an update - I have tried this out with all 3 options( SWF, HTML 5 and both). When the SWF option or the combined option is selected, the index.htm file does not open after being uploaded to the web server. With the HTML 5 option, the index.htm file opens but the output is very blurred.

I did not face this issue with other e-learning softwares like Camtasia and Adobe Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I published the project you shared in both SWF and HTML5 formats and was successfully able to play the content both locally as well as via hosting on a web server.

Could you please share the published output folder which you upload on your web server with me as well.

Please make sure the published output folder you share, should be generated after selecting option of both formats while publishing your project.

Thanks,

Zeeshan Hussain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have shared the published folder with you.

I once again published this using the SWF+HTML 5 combined option and uploaded it, but the result is still the same(Index.htm file on web server does not open).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The published output folder you provided worked absolutely fine for both SWF and HTML formats.

Could you please provide below information to further debug this-

• Is this issue occurring only for this specific project or for all your projects?
  • Did it work fine for other projects with an earlier version of Presenter you used?

Request you to also share the screenshot of the issue confirming if you see Adobe Presenter loading up as below and later a blank screen or if you get a blank screen directly.

Untitled.png

Thanks,

Zeeshan Hussain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The issue occurs with all projects published with Presenter 11 as well as an earlier version of Presenter(9)

I do not see "Adobe Presenter" loading at all, I only get a blank grey screen as shown below.

I think the issue is that the index.htm file only plays locally or if it is uploaded to the Adobe Connect server, but does not play on other servers.

greyscreen.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Presenter content plays on all platforms- locally, on connect server, LMS's as well as any other server.

I have tried with your source project as well as your published output folder and it works fine on all platforms and in all formats.

Also from the screen shot you posted above, It confirms that the SWF content is not being served to the browser itself from the web server you are hosting it on.

I would suggest you to check with your IT team once, if in case they are blocking the SWF content from getting rendered from your company's web server.

Thanks,

Zeeshan Hussain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources