• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation & Loading Issues

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had off and on problems with my abode for the last several months. Mostly there was a problem with downloading my .epub or .acsm files to my 4.5 Abode Digital Editions. Usually I'd uninstall and then reinstall and the issue would be fixed, or I'd contact the website where I get my books from. But now when I had issues again I uninstalled then reinstalled but though it says Abode Digital Editions 4.5 is running, nothing ever pops up and the one time it did pop up for a second, it said any of the books I tried to download didn't have the right activation even though I was signed on and had permission.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Uninstall Digital Edition complete.

Create a new local admin: Erstellen eines Benutzerkontos - Windows-Hilfe

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept and remove it.

Remove the Digital Editon Folder under you Documents.

Now reinstall Digital Edition 3.0: Adobe Digital Editions downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which error message you get exactly?
Do you used Winodws or Macintosh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember exactly what it said, something about the activation not being correct.

But right now the screen won't even pop up so I can't access anything even though it tells me it's up and running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to troubleshoot it to see if I could fix the issue that way and eventually it says "Incompatible Application"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you used Winodws or Macintosh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor.
  11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all that, but the abode digital editions still isn't popping up. My mouse will say it's loading, and when I hover over the icon it shows me my previously downloaded ebooks but it still doesn't actually pop up. I don't understand what's going on, because it was working fine a week ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you try reinstall the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software at least three times. I've restarted my computer and made sure it didn't have any viruses. It's still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

abodeissues.png

For whatever reason Abode Digital Editions 4.5 won't load any longer on my computer. I uninstalled then restarted my computer, and then reinstalled the 4.5 edition with no luck. I then installed the 3.0 version and it loaded correctly but when I tried to view the books I have on there this activation server error popped up. And then it doesn't give me any way to fix the error so I don't know how to change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall Digital Edition complete.

Create a new local admin: Erstellen eines Benutzerkontos - Windows-Hilfe

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept and remove it.

Remove the Digital Editon Folder under you Documents.

Now reinstall Digital Edition 3.0: Adobe Digital Editions downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines