• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help with Adobe 7 for my Quickbooks 2005.

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer crashed a month ago and i just received it back today. My tech support was not able to pull of old data and programs. We use quickbooks 2005 and it has been asking for flashplayer 7 to continue my installation. I have tried to download several different ways and it must not be working as my quickbooks does not want to install.

HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which operating system, including version, is this on?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

You can download Flash Player 7 from this link http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp7_archive.zip

After downloading the zip file, extract it and you will see several folders for every FP 7 release.  I would recommend using the last release, r73.  I believe Quickbooks requires the ActiveX Control. If so you'll want to use the file flashplayer7r73_winax.exe (inside fp7_archive.zip\fp7_archive\r73).  If this one doesn't work then use flashplayer7r73_win.exe (NPAPI plugin).  You can ignore the other files (.hqz and .tar.gz) as they are for Mac and Linux.

This version was originally released in Dec 2007 and does not contain any security fixes since its release.  As such, once you install Quickbooks 2005 you'll want to update Flash Player to the latest version to ensure you have the latest, most secure version.  You can download the latest version by going to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer. If you use multiple browsers (e.g IE and Firefox) you'll want to do this for each browser as they use different plugins (IE uses ActiveX Control and Firefox uses NPAPI plugin).

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines