• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[RoboHelp 2015 using Responsive HTML5] Search not Working in Internet Explorer 11

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I publish my RoboHelp 2015 project in Responsive HTML5. It has come to my attention that the search bar is not working on some computers using Internet Explorer 11. Users would search a common word and it would come up with "Searching 0%". This issue is not happening with Google Chrome at all. In some computers, the search bar is working correctly with both IE11 and Chrome.

Any ideas what could be the issue with IE11? Any tips?

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had some reports of this using RH11 and Multiscreen HTML5 output. Did you every find out what the cause was?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've now seen this happen in Chrome. I've hacked a potential solution in an RH11 multiscreen html5 output file. I have no idea of the implications of the change so use at your own risk.

1. Open the mhfhost.js file (somewhere like <projectoutput>/template/scripts/ )

2. Find the line starting this.addRecordToRecordTable = function( a_nWordId, a_strRecord ) . For me it was about line 2386

3. Just below will be a line starting with if. Change it from if ( a_strRecord == "" ) to if ( a_strRecord == "" || a_strRecord == null )

The coloured text is the change.

4. Repeat every time you generate the output. If you have a merged setup, you might need to make the same change in the parent and every child project. I'm not sure yet. If you have access to the RH installation folder, you could make the changes there once (something like c:/program files (x86)/adobe/adobe robohelp 11/robohtml/multiscreenext/widgets/common/scripts )

( I logged a bug with Adobe which has been marked as fixed, so potentially this will not be needed for RH2019 Classic or New, but there is no indication of when or where it was fixed.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp