• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Licensing error in ADE v2 and 3 when downloading books sold through a vendor

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to download books I have purchased from an online supplier.  I am using ADE v 3 through a networked PC with IE11, Windows 7 and a web filter and firewall.  Whenever I try to download the books I get an error:

My IT department has run an online activity monitor and there is no traffic through the web filter when I try to download the books.  I have authorized my computer with an Adobe ID.  They did eventually manage to get a few of the files downloaded and added to my Library by saving the ascm file onto my desktop and just keep trying to add it to the library but is there any way to make this work consistently?  I had ADE v2 but couldn't even get my computer authorized and the only other solution in an online search was to use a much older version of ADE, which doesn't seem terribly useful.  It isn't related to my permissions on my PC either because when they log in as admins the get the exact same problem.  The computer randomly authorizes my account but will only work once and I have over a dozen files to download and keep having to ask the vendor to reactivate my access every time it fails.

Thanks for any ideas.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you downlaod sample files: Sample eBook Library | Adobe Digital Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for replying so quickly.  The authorization worked by itself eventually and I managed to get 8 out of 12 files in a row and could read them.  Today I got the rest activated again by the vendor and I've downloaded the ascm files but the books won't add to my library.  I'm being prompted to authorize my ADE again and I'm back to the exact same message.  I can't even read the books I've already successfully got in my library!  I managed to get a sample file downloaded (I picked Alice's Adventures in Wonderland) and that worked, not prompt to authorize or anything.  I noticed that was an epub file though, not an ascm file, so I don't know if that's a factor.  Is there any way I could use the ascm files to get epub files of my books?  It'll be unusable if I'm going to fail to authorize the computer every time I launch ADE, and I need to use the books I've bought to teach classes.  Should I even have to do log in every time?  Shouldn't it only have to be authorized once?  I've only used my ID on one computer so I'm not over-subscribed for my ID or anything and the books I've loaded successfully are still in my library, I just can't open them anymore.

Any idea would be gratefully received, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has you authorize Digital Edition as admin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

It had another look around and realised that the PDF files were being saved on a network location.  They moved the files to my C Drive and not only did the original 8 open without prompting, but the new acsm files I downloaded also opened!  I don't know why, and neither do the IT department because nothing changed.  It could be a coincidence because 8 did load the other day, but I don't know, is this how ADE is supposed to work?  Basically we now have all the books we need but no idea why it works, and why it didn't!  Last time it broke again after rebooting my PC, so I'll see if the files still open tomorrow.  Thanks for the help so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines