ound. How do I acheive this effect?

Thanks for any help 

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2010 Feb 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the New icon, choose Color Matte, and set its color.

Another way would be to create a rectangular Shape, filling the screen, and choose a Style with a Fill, setting that to the color of choice.

Hope that helps,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are most welcome.

I gave you two ways (there are usually more than one way to do almost anything in Adobe), so that you could pick and choose. If you want a constant colored background, say behind several Titles, then the Color Matte would be my choice. If I wanted just a "background" for one Title, I might go with the colored Shape as the "background."

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2012 Mar 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what if I'm trying to change the colour behind the title AND video clip which doesn't extend completely over the screen? If I apply a matt, it just swamps the whole lot. Video 1 track is taken up with a series of still images (of varying sizes - hence not covering screen), Video 2 is the title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen-cap of what you have, and maybe another, to show what you want to do.

I am lost, based on the details furnished.

There are probably a couple of ways to do what you want, but until we know for sure, we'd just be wasting your time.

Good luck, and please let us know more,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scr sht premiere.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to help. My daughters are Finalists in the Earth Hour Awards and we have to put a film together in the next couple of hours...no pressure!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...as the cursor runs over 'light blue' matt, the entire screen goes blue. What I want is the background around the image in the Workspace pane to be that pale blue (or another colour). My title is in black text which only becomes visible once the image of the girl zooms into fit the frame. Obviously my black text can't be seen on black background. Is this understandable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are running Premiere Pro. This is the Premiere Elements forum. You'll get a better response by posting your question to the Premiere Pro forum. Adobe Premiere Forums.

That said Bill is a Pro user so I'll expect you'll get the answer here anyway šŸ˜‰

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be an easy fix.

Swap places between your Clip and the Color Matte, i.e. the Color Matte on Video Track 1, and the Video Clip on Video Track 3.

Imagine the Video Tracks like a stack of paper. If everythiing is the same size, and opaque, you ONLY see the top sheet of paper. If, however, you the bottom page is larger, than the pages above, you see around them. The same if you punch holes in the upper sheet(s), you see though those holes to the page below. Also, one can adjust Transparency, sort of like instead of opaque paper, one has a clear acetate sheet, with some painiting on it - you see the page below, around the paint.

Good luck, and if you have any issues beyond that, I'll see you in the PrPro forum.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the whole video background to be white. Where is the Color Matte? When you give directions it is very helpful to tell us where to find things, especially in adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gerryg

Apparently you have started a new thread on your Color Matte question. Link to that thread can be found

Where is the Color Matte?

Here or there, you have not said what version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system. The answer given there points to right clicking clear space in 14/14.1's Project Assets and selection New Item/Color Matte. In order to give specific instructions, please give Premiere Elements version and computer operating system involved.

In Premiere Elements 11 through 14/14.1 Expert workspace, please also find New Item/Color Matte in Project Assets under its Panel Options/New Item/Color Matte.

colormatte.jpgo as

You write

I want the whole video background to be white.

Not clear on whole video background to be white....

a.  "white out" video frame

b. white background for a green screen background

c. background for a title in the Titler

d. other

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there,

Joining this discussion long after the fact as a total newbie to Adobe Premiere Elements 12, and I'm also trying to change the background colour of my titles.

I did as you suggested and have managed to add a Colour Matt, which appears in my timeline after my black background title frame, and I don't see how to add text to it.

Can you help a muppet out, Sir?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines