• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Office 2007 Style Help?

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2008 Apr 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software we are currently developing makes use of the Microsoft Office 2007 Ribbon UI.

The help that ships with Office 2007 has a very nice look and feel.

I would like to be able to mimic the Office 2007 help, but is it possible using RoboHelp 7?

Thanks in advance for any replies 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Search found this. http://tinyurl.com/6cyxev

Hope it helps.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Gleedo,

You'll find some information on Office 2007 help here:

http://helpware.net/mshelp2/CollectionWizard/Office12Help.htm

In theory, it would be possible to extract the cascading style sheets from an Office 2007 help file and use them as the basis for a RoboHelp-authored project. Tools like FAR let you extract individual files from Microsoft Help 2.0 files (which is the format employed by offline Office 2007 help).

Integrating your content into the Office 2007 help is also possible but requires you to deliver it as a Help 2.0 file, which I don't believe is possible with RoboHelp. On the other hand, you can make a CHM file with RoboHelp and then convert it to Help 2.0 format using FAR. But the fact that your content will only be seen if the user chooses to view help in offline mode — which is not the default mode — probably makes this all a bit redundant.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok, thanks for the swift replies guys :)

Very helpful stuff.

I'll post back here if i actualy find a full solution on how to implement this.

Many Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp