• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Contents gives Script error

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2007 Jun 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Robohelp for HTML installed and when I go to Help/Contents I get a script error and the contents does not display. I have the most recent version of JAVA installed. Robohelp for Word and Starter Help/Contents work and display fine. I have IE6 SP2 and run out of ideas.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2007 Jun 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello RSingletary

Welcome to the forums.

I am afraid that we need a bit more info to go on. Could you give us the details of the script error?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2008 Jan 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats my problem too.

I use RoboHelp 6 Build 099 (german version).

These 2 errors occure:

'gaProj[...]s PPath' is null or not an object
Code: 0
URL: file://D:\Studio\html\whskin_pdhtml.htm

and then

Access denies
Code: 0
URL: file://D:\Studio\html\whskin_pdhtml.htm

I got these errors on different browsers e.g. IE 6, IE 5

Is it possible that the security settings are wrong or anything like this?

Formerly the project was a Robohelp 5 project. And we didn't have any problems. Is there a bug in V6?

Birgit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2008 Feb 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't there anybody who can help me?

Birgit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Birgit

Is this for RoboHelp's own Help? If so, try clicking Tools * Options * General tab and enabling the 'Use Offline Help' check box. Then close and restart RoboHelp.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2008 Apr 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to the Robohelp HTML help contents (Contents and Index) I get an Internet Explorer script error message "Automation server can't create object", and then the message "do you want to contiunue running scripts on this page?"

I am using IE 7 and Robohelp 6. It was working fine before.

Anyone have an answer for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2008 Apr 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
We had a similar situation. We installed our RH X5 a few years ago, then within the last several months, every author (except me) couldn't see the Contents pane at all on their local machine or if they were viewing the output only (outside of the project) on one of our network drives. They also saw the "whskin_pdhtml.htm" error also whenever they tried to access the skin editor.

I suspected, but was never able to prove, that the issue was related to how IE interpreted Javascript and/or various add-ons based on a user's permissions. I even tried to find out if a recent Microsoft security patch was the culprit, but still couldn't be 100% sure.

Our solution was to uninstall RH X5, get local box admin rights granted permanently to the user of the PC, then reinstall RoboHelp X5. We've done three of these in the last two weeks and no one has had an issue since. We've found that having local box admin rights granted to the user permanently rather than temporarily seems to work.

Look for an Adobe Knowledge Base article on Uninstalling RoboHelp. I would include the link to it here, but the Knowledge Base search feature seems to be on the fritz today. I copied the uninstall info into a Word doc a while back and I have it on file if you need it. Let me know - my email is jreinhard@paychex.com.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Birgit,

See if switching from online to offline help changes anything, if you're not already using offline help. In RH, go to Tools > Options > General tab, and click the Use Offline Help checkbox. I don't know if this is related, but it's worth a shot. (I used RH7 to get these steps, but they should be similar or the same to RH6.) Let us know how it goes.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an echo in here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp