• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Check for ESR latest version

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use internal update server in my company and deploying the ESR version company-wide.

I'm trying to automate update checks to upload the actual version onto my server.

I can get the current public version using a method like this:

1. Get the major version ($VersionMajor) from here: https://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/update/current/sau/currentmajor.xml
  2. Go to the major version subdir and check for the full version here: https://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/update/current/sau/$VersionMajor/xml/version.xml

Are there some URLs to check for the current ESR version using the method above?

For now I have to parse the Flash Player Distribution page and get ESR version from there, that is absolutely inconvenient (especially now, when there are two different versions for ActiveX/Plugin)...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

2016-07-13 09_09_30-Adobe Flash Player Distribution _ Adobe.png

According to this -^ the topic is no longer actual...

m_vargas​ thanks for your support and wilingness to help anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We currently don't have a similar page for the ESR version.  We've had some conversations on this and are exploring different options.  I currently don't have an estimate as to when something might be available.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m_vargas‌, thanks for your answer, I'll wait then. I really hope there will be some option to check current ESR builds.

I'd be glad to help or test some solutions if it is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m_vargas​, I'd like to bump this theme since you have changed the distribution page.

As I mentioned before, I used to parse the distribution page before, using the link provided by Adobe (the one with "?auth=<my-auth-code>" at the end).

Today that link has stopped working thereby I can't automate ESR updates check at all. I have to go to the new page (I received a new link, but I had to apply for the distribution again), login into my Adobe ID and only then I can see the page.

So I'm coming back to the question: how can I somehow automate update checks now?! I've temporarily switched my script to parse "distribution3" page, but it can disappear at any moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm sorry, we still don't have an update as to when this feature will be available.  I did bookmark this discussion and will comment here when I have an update.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m_vargas​, hello again.

I've noticed the following message on the distribution3 page: "This page and the download links will be decommissioned on June 30, 2016". That's about a week from now and then I'll be totally unavailable of automating updates check... (well.. there is a way, but it's too heavy for a simple powershell script: send login and pass, receive and send cookie, etc.)

Any updates on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please read the topic carefully from the 1st post.

That's not the answer to my initial question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Petr.Egorov ,

We are working on a solution to this and provide a way for customers to check for the latest version of Flash Player for each player type, and supported platform, which will include the current release and ESR.  I currently don't have an estimate as to when it will be available, but had pinged the team working on this for an update.  I'll post a reply when I have an update.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2016-07-13 09_09_30-Adobe Flash Player Distribution _ Adobe.png

According to this -^ the topic is no longer actual...

m_vargas​ thanks for your support and wilingness to help anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines