• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to install Flash player - installer won't launch

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repeated tries and nothing happens when I double click on the install .exe. file. What now? Dell Pentium 4 GX260 running WinXP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you're running XP with SP1 or SP2 this is most likely a certificate issue.  The online installer is signed using sha256, which is not supported on XP SP1 or SP2.  You can try the standalone installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section, however, there is no guarantee that it'll work.  Essentially, XP SP1 and SP2 are lacking support for the latest cryptographic technologies necessary to sign binary installers.  If it doesn't work, the alternative is to upgrade your system to something that supports the latest cryptographic technologies necessary to sign binary installers.  You'll begin see similar behaviour (installers not working) with more applications as Microsoft will stop recognizing the validity of apps signed with the older sha-1 certificate in 2016 (see Security Advisory 2880823: Recommendation to discontinue use of SHA-1 - Security Research & Defense ...)

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with Vista. Everything was fine, but Firefox said it needed updated and then when I tried to, I had to uninstall and try to reinstall and now I cannot get Flash Player to install at all!

Any suggestions? Would an older version of Flash Player work and update, or is there a way to shut off the certificate thing?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Did the offline installer posted at Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier work for you?

Assuming the installer is failing to execute due to the sha256 certificate issue, if you have Vista SP2, Microsoft does have an update to support sha256.  Please see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2763674 for more information.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines