Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7: Can't add images

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2008 Apr 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have been away from RoboHelp for a while but now I am working with a new install of version 7 with an old project (upgraded from RH6). I am having trouble adding images to my topics. Normally what I do is press CTRL+G to bring up the image properties dialog, browse for the JPG image to add (it's path gets placed in the Image name: field and a preview of my image is shown), press OK and voila! The image appears in my file. Now I can browse and select the image name but the preview and image name fields are not updated. Pressing OK does not add the image to my file. Has something changed in version 7?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this issue,
darkagn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 15, 2008 Apr 15, 2008
Hi darkagn.
There is a RH 7.0.1 Update you can install which you could try.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2008 Apr 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, haven't seen anyone report this problem.

See if it is the same with a new project and one of the samples.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter and thanks for the quick reply,

The issue is occurring with both new projects and the sample projects as well as my old, upgraded project. As this is a new install, do you know if there is a patch that I can download that has been released since version 7 was released?

Cheers,
darkagn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi darkagn.
There is a RH 7.0.1 Update you can install which you could try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the "new install" handled by IT? An RH install must be done by you on your machine, with full admin rights. I know that IT folks sometimes refuse to allow this, but "it is what it is." Also, you should retain full admin rights at least until you've opened one project.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leon

This has changed in RH7. IT can install with their logon now.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi all and thankyou for the suggestions,

It turns out that Update 7.0.1 referred to by Colum resolved the issue. It had to do with my absolute file path for my images being longer than 120 characters. I hadn't thought of this since "standard" maximum length of file paths in Windows is 260 characters. Anyway, all solved now.

Thanks again,
darkagn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp