• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Problems

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a discussion here but didn't receive any quality help. I've been unable to watch any videos what so ever on my computer since then. I tried watching a video that told me I needed a new updated plugin so I went to the adobe site and downloaded the new version. This failed to work. I tried fully uninstalling flash player from my computer so I could reinstall it and see if that would work; it didn't. I tried this several times, and after I tried a few more times, I went to the troubleshooting page and did everything it said to do, but nothing worked. I checked in my computer and I have the necessary files for flash player like I should, but I still get a message when I try to watch videos saying I have no plugin.  I went back to adobe to try to reinstall it AGAIN, and now, there's no download button.

I've tried everything I can think of, I've tried things other people on the internet have tried, I did all the troubleshooting instructions,  and my first post on here only received one comment, and it was not helpful because all it was, was a link to the troubleshooting page. I'm really frustrated with this because my laptop isn't good for anything anymore. Now I can't even look at pictures or facebook because now it doesn't say I need an updated version, it says I have NO flash player at all. I really need help here because I'm ready to trash this laptop, and it's an expensive one, so I feel like I shouldn't have these problems.

I have a Macbook pro with Mac OS X version 10.5.6 (I know I need to update it). I need help ASAP. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please download Flash Player from the following link: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html#installer

After downloading, close all browsers and double-click the file you downloaded.

Also ensure that you enable Flash Player in Safari. Please try the last question of Mac section in the following link: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-faq.html#main-pars_text_1

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. I did what it said multiple times just now, and I thought it was finally going to work because the correct downloading box popped up and it said it was finished downloading, but every website I go to still says I have no flash player. I tried uninstalling it and installing it again to see if it would work, but still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2013 May 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, have followed exactly the same processes as you describe (endlessly!) with the same negative result. All the 'Contacts' just tell us to do the same thing, so I don't really know where to go. Sorry this doesn't help your (and my) problem, but just hope someone else might see and give us a more positive idea.

Geoff Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2013 Jun 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well guys i have had this problem myself i hope this will sort out the problem for you i am still in the process of finding a complete solution to this problem so i will be updating this post as i find out more ok:

1) First find and download a copy of Revo Uninstaller try the free version its just as good

2) when you have installed revo set it to uninstall flashplayer and click the last check box at the bottom of the next page it will then set a restore point before removing flash player two screens will pop up one with regisitry entry locations for flash the other box will contain file locations make sure to tick all boxes so all traces of flash are removed

3)Know restart your pc (do not skip this part:)

4) when Windows loads do not do an auto download of flash player first download FLV player to see if flash video will play ok on your pc, as i think adobe has  set a reg key wrong so flashplayer will not show up as a registered plugin for browsers 

5) only if flv player will play a video go to this next step

6) download from adobe archive's the complete pack of previous flash players (ie) older versions-extract them to your My documents folder and find the version that you need from the files it will have a version number lower than you had installed lol

7) if the older flash player installs ok and only if it does? then update to the newer version by downloading the standalone installer for offline install not the auto install ok

8)Right know this should have flashplayer at least working if a little glitchy but i have only be trying to fix this for 5 days so please bare with me and i hope this will at least get your flash programs working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2013 Jun 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Letmesee55 wrote:

1) First find and download a copy of Revo Uninstaller try the free version its just as good

I didn't even know that there was a Revo Uninstaller version for Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2013 Jun 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad lol being a windows user does have its drawbacks one of them being that i don't use a mac lmao sorry there is a program which is free for mac users its the same thing as revo uninstaller but is an alterative to it which is called (app remover for mac) the website this app is available from is called (alternativeto) all one word,i hope this will be better than my revo suggestion lol once you have got rid of flash with one of the apps there are a few to chose from you should be able to continue to fix the flash problem also there are loads of other software for mac on this site, good luck and i hope this will be of use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem over the past couple of weeks and after looking at all the complicated responses, which didn't work.  I got to thinking that maybe it was a compatibility issue.  I don't know if Mac has a similar setting as I'm using windows, but I went to the tools menu in internet explorer and selected compatibility view settings then added yahoo.com to the compatibility settings.  I'm now able to see videos again.  I don't know if I'll have to do that for every website I want to view a video on but at least now I can watch a news video from my home page again.  You might want to give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

readsmany,

Not applicable. Compatibility View is for ActiveX. ActiveX is for Internet Explorer, which there hasn't been a Mac version of since June 2003, and even that didn't use ActiveX because it wasn't compatible with Mac OS.

Compatibility View has it's own problems, one you touched on, being that it MUST be individually enabled for EACH and EVERY page that has problems, and even then it's a 50/50 chance it may work.

Compatibility View is "pretending" you're using somethign else, and I'm not big on "pretending" so I recommend actually using another browser.

Firefox (from Mozilla)

Opera (from Opera)

Safari (from Apple)

Chrome (from Google)

ANY of those will work where IE11 won't, with the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers), and Chrome doesn't even need that because it has its own Flash Player plugin built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. The same thing happened to me and I did everything people said and it didnt work. What I did so that it worked was I clicked the link (at the bottom of this reply) and at the top of the screen where it took me (not the top of page the link took me just the top of what the link shows you when you click it) and installed that and followed the instructions and it worked! I hope I helped you

Link: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-pla yer-mac.html#installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2015 Sep 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link. Was very easy to follow and worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link helped me.  Scroll down to #4 and check this first.  I was able to install once I did this:

Flash Player Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it took me a while but I figured it out. If you to up to the tools in the right corner (the sprocket by the star)  click on it and then go to safety.  Unclick "Active X Filtering"  now try using Adobe it should be fine now.  Hope it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines