• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate Web Help Pro Robo Version 6

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2008 Apr 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one project and I imported files from another project. Both are RoboHelp 6 version. I can generate files okay in other project but when I import files they will not generate in my project. Help please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2008 Apr 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Webhelp as your output? It sounds like you are. Also are you saying that if you generate the imported topics in a stand alone format that everything was OK? When you import the files, do they show up in the list of topics? Have they been added to the TOC? Are you using a build tag that in either the single source layout or the imported topics that is not picking them up. Bascially there are all manner of things that could be causing your problem but these should give you some things to start looking at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to generate on WebHelp Pro. I updated TOC, still did not generate. I have conditional build tags but I don't think that is the issue. I can generate topics in my own project. I can generate topics in another persons project but when I go to import topics into my project and try to generate even one by one...mine or the other persons don't generate...When I try it copies okay but when it updates files it stops at 9 bars and gets hung up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is in the files you are trying to import? Any large images, documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you importing true source files (good) or generated output files (bad)?

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other user that I am importing files from works with me in getting more information into my project faster. She has the same RoboHelp 6 built by the same IT person here. When I try to generate her files in her project, I can generate. I also can generate my files okay....its just when I inport her topics, it does not generate. I have even tested just generated ONE topic and it won't generate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2008 Apr 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now able to generate to Web Help but still unable to generate to WEB HELP PRO. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do have Robo Server installed?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have a server. I have been able to generate and publish just fine before I imported files. I am still able to generate files on an old version of my project so I know it works. But I still cannot generate on version that has imported files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you importing topics (i.e. HTM files) or are you merging your co-workers webhelp pro project. Also can you please come back to my earlier question about the content of the imported "files".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported her files into my project. They are htm files which contain links, pop ups (which did not import well and that is where I saw alot of errors.. I have successfully been able to generate in web help but not web help pro. When I generated in web help I saw some errors; I corrected errors and tried to generate again and I was successful in web help. But STILL can't generate in Web Help Pro. (I even went back to an old project of mine and I can generate web help pro in old version but can't in my version with imported topic files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported her files into my project. They are htm files which contain links, pop ups (which did not import well and that is where I saw alot of errors.. I have successfully been able to generate in web help but not web help pro. When I generated in web help I saw some errors; I corrected errors and tried to generate again and I was successful in web help. But STILL can't generate in Web Help Pro. (I even went back to an old project of mine and I can generate web help pro in old version but can't in my version with imported topic files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is your output location in your WebHelp Pro single source layout? Is it a network location? If so, I wonder whether you can try generating to hard drive location and then publish to the server.

Also the fact that you saw errors troubles me. I know you say you fixed them but what type of errors were they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generate to my C drive.
Errors were mostly on pop up text and when I took pop up text off it generated in web help okay. Some errors dealt with too long of topic files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: marvinwalker
Some errors dealt with too long of topic files.

Ah-ha! You may have fallen foul of the long URL structure issue. There have been posts here where a very long directory structure was causing issues. Try either flattening the structure or reducing the number of characters for your folders and file names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that. It said in web help when I successfully generated that all was updated. But still won't generate in web help pro. Could this be the issue even though everything generated in web help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it could. Check your output location in your SSL. It may even be worth mirroring the location you used in your Webhelp SSL and see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok will try your suggestions....thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you have a server, with RH Server installed?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also try creating a new WebHelp Pro SSL layout and generating to that (sometimes the layout itself, or links to and fro, gets corrupted).

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay...will try....thanks Can you give me instructions on how to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2008 Apr 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on your Single Source Layout folder and select New Layout. Specify WebHelp Pro as your output type and set the properties up as required. Then you can delete the old Webhelp Pro SLL by right clicking on it and selecting Delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2008 Apr 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After all this, my issue was ONE corrupt file in about 250 files. Thanks for everyone's imput.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2008 Apr 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I'm only using WebHelp Pro as my layout, is it important to delete all other SSL's if I never use them? (These include: WebHelp, FlashHelp, FlashHelp Pro, Microsoft HTML Help, Printed Documentation, XML Output). Or is this only in marvinwalker's specific case to do this if we publish in one and then switch to another?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2008 Apr 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The deletion was because the layout had become corrupt.

Otherwise leave them in or delete them as you wish. I delete what I do not use precisely to remind me which layouts I need for the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp