• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 9 trial ****Annoying Timing Issue****

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am in the process of creating an Adobe Captivate project using version 9 trial. When trying to make an object appear after a number of seconds on the slide I am constantly running into an issue. It works fine during the play preview. However when I view it in project preview the objects I have specified to appear later in the slide never do. I have went over the slide in the timeline and have made the proper adjustments for each object under the timing properties. Any tips, links, answers are appreciated.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

You have to extend the duration of both buttons to the rest of the slide. This can be done in the Timing panel: you see there a field next to Display For: that is probably set at 'Specific Time', change it to 'Rest of Slide'. In that same Timing panel set the time next to 'Pause after' to 31.5 secs, which is after the start of the timelines of the last two objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Play slide, if that is what you mean, is not a preview at all. Did you test with another preview (like Preview in Browser)?

Probably you have a pausing point in the slide, could you post a screenshot of the Timeline, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I did play it in the browser. The objects appear fine when I play them in Captivate but they disappear when I play them in the browser..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, post a screenshot of the timeline. Use the still camera button in the Browser version of this forum to insert that screenshot:

camera.png

Play Slide is not a preview method. If the objects do not appear when you use Preview in Browser, you have a pausing point from an interactive object (button, click box or Text Entry Box) on that slide. Why did you post this question in the Advanced forum? Shouldn't it be in the Get Started forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st.png

2nd.png

and I chose the advanced forum for advanced help lol I'm lost. Thanks though I didn't know about the getting started forum, I'm new to the discussion boards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will move the question to the Get Started forum.

I cannot see on your screenshots if there is an audio clip, only reason why that slide duration should be so long.

As I already predicted: you have two buttons from the start of the slide with a duration of 3 secs, and pausing at 1.5secs. That is why the objects that should appear at the end of the slide never show up. What is the function of those two buttons 23 and 24?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a sound clip and the those are back and continue buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Thanks! A lot !!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the pause from the buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a good idea: keep the pauses, that way the user takes control and he can click on the Next button when he is ready (or on the Back button). If you remove the pause, the playhead will continue automatically to the next slide after reaching the last frame of this slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just keep them paused from the beginning until the end of the slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The pause has to be after the appearance of the last objects on the slide, not at the beginning. That is why I suggested to make that pause after 31.5secs because those last objects appear at 31 secs. A Captivate published project is like a movie: it will play at a speed of 30 frames per second. When the playhead arrives at a pausing point (look at the pausing symbol on the timeline, the pause itself is the thin vertical line) the movie will stop and wait. You told those buttons were a Back and a Next button: that means that they have an action 'Go to Previous Slide' and 'Go to Next Slide'. That action will be performed when the user clicks on the button.  The playhead will move either to the Previous slide or to the Next slide, depending on the button clicked, and the playhead starts moving again on that slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to extend the duration of both buttons to the rest of the slide. This can be done in the Timing panel: you see there a field next to Display For: that is probably set at 'Specific Time', change it to 'Rest of Slide'. In that same Timing panel set the time next to 'Pause after' to 31.5 secs, which is after the start of the timelines of the last two objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources