Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp Font Displays Incorrectly in Browser

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2008 Apr 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using version X5.0.2

Generated WebHelp and uploaded files from SSL! folder to client's FTP site. When they upload files (all files from the SSL! folder), the Help text font displays as Times New Roman. However, the style sheet I used to create the Help set font type at Tahoma. Also, I'm not sure why, but when I generate the WebHelp, two style sheet files appear, one named MS_Help.css and the other named MS_Help_ns.css.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello MaLoCo123 -

Re: two style sheets - correct and normal (one for IE and one for Netscape).

As to the displayed font, not your fault UNLESS you didn't follow your agreed upon project standards. This is user (client) setting dependant.

If I opened your Webhelp from my home I would not get what you want because I don't do Windows and I don't have Tahoma on one of my Linux boxes (the one I would use to view your project).

I would see what I specify in my browser preferences regardless of what you wanted, even on a Windows box.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tahoma was actually their preference. I may have to schedule a time to visit their office (since I work remotely) and check out their settings and how they load the files. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to ask, how does the generated project display on your (local) workstation?

Check individual browser settings as well as installed fonts.

If I recall, Vista uses a font different from Tahoma or Verdana as Microsoft loves to play with "default" settings...

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Displays perfect on my workstation, of course. :)

Hmm, thanks for the heads up. That darn Vista...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp