Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does RoboHelp 2015 Support Office 2016 64bit

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are considering upgrading to Windows 10 with Office 2016 64bit.  Does RH2015 support Word 2016 64bit or does it only support 32bit?

Thanks

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2016 Jan 09, 2016

Adobe have informed me that RoboHelp 2015 is certified for the 64 bit version of Word. With the latest patches of RoboHelp installed, that would refer to Word 2013 and Word 2016.

The issue you have therefore is that Adobe advise it is certified but Microsoft warn that with 32 bit apps (which includes RoboHelp as I have covered above), you could have issues. You also have some users of RoboHelp who have posted in these forums that they have had problems with the 64 bit version that were fixed sole

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just responded to this question in another thread.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply.  I saw questions about Office2016 and I see that it is now supported with the latest update to RH2015.  However, I don't see the thread that talks about 64bit being supported or not.

Could you please point me to the thread?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a thread here. On Microsoft's site they recommend 32 bit for

compatibility.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that saying RoboHelp 2015 does not support Office2016 64bit but only supports the 32bit version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite. RoboHelp is a 32 bit application running in what is known as WOW64 mode, in other words it is designed to run on and is supported on 64 bit machines. Microsoft however do explain that the 64 bit version of Word may have compatibility issues. Choose the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Office - Office Support

I will try to find out more from Adobe but there are threads in these forums that do show some users have had issues with earlier versions of RoboHelp and 64 bit Word. I am not aware that any changes have been made so personally unless I had some overwhelming reason to use 64 bit Word, I would not install it, not just because of potential RoboHelp issues.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2016 Jan 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have informed me that RoboHelp 2015 is certified for the 64 bit version of Word. With the latest patches of RoboHelp installed, that would refer to Word 2013 and Word 2016.

The issue you have therefore is that Adobe advise it is certified but Microsoft warn that with 32 bit apps (which includes RoboHelp as I have covered above), you could have issues. You also have some users of RoboHelp who have posted in these forums that they have had problems with the 64 bit version that were fixed solely by changing to the 32 bit version.

It's your call but personally unless I needed the 64 bit version for some reason or a company policy forced that on me, then I would opt for the 32 bit version as the safer bet with all apps that interface with Word, not just RoboHelp.

If you do install the 64 bit version I would appreciate you reporting back to this thread on how well it worked. Hope this helps.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thank you very much for checking.  We agree that staying with 32bit for now is best for compatibility.  It is good know that RoboHelp is certified for 64bit Word for our future planning.

Again, thank you for taking time to look into it.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found another page on Microsoft's site where the first sub-heading is 32 bit version is recommended for most users

See 64-bit editions of Office 2013

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thank you for the additional information.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELLO Peter,

I'm experiencing an issue importing  with a 32 bit MS Word 2016 To Robohelp 2015 10.0.0.306,

Capture word about.PNG

Capture error  robohelp.PNG

Please suggest a solution, if i have to request a lower version of MS Word to my org, which version i should go for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Word 2016 32 bit is supported but you must have the patches applied. Have you applied the patches?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp