• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable Lightroom Mobile?

New Here ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to use Lightroom Mobile. Every time when i start Lightroom the "getting started windows" of Lightroom Mobile pops up. Any idea how to permanently disable Lightroom Mobile and/or getting rid of the annoying gettting started window?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Hi,

I had the exact same problem.

This fixed it for me Lightroom 6.3 on Mac:

Click on upper left ; Lightroom

Identity Plate setup

choose soemthing else besides Mobile

enjoy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the upper left corner of the main window near the name template, there should be a dropdown list that has "sync with LR Mobile" as the first option. From there you should be able to turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't seem to stop the reminders to sync! They seem determined to make us sync!!

Bob Frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of LR are you using. I don't get that window when I open LR. I once tried LR mobile, installed LR on my phone and started syncing images from both phone and desktop, and found it to limiting. So I Uninstalled the phone app and clicked the stop/pause button in LR desktop app and then when into the preferences and deleted all data.

Now that drop down next to where is says Lightroom CC reads Start. Which I won't click.

Oh also I deleted the Collection and the folder listing that was created in the library module of LR CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies. I think when I first ran LR 6 I must have clicked on the prompt to sync with mobile which I didn't want to do. I turned it off and now it just says I have 29 days trial period left. Just have no interest in this mobile madness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much ManiaJoe, my syncing is working again after my update with the CC version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. All was fine until I upgraded to 6.1 and was forced to associate LR with my Adobe account. After two days of struggling I've given up on 6.1 as it's not fit for purpose and reverted to 5.7, but now I get prompted to sign in to mobile every time I start LR. Like Chris, I have absolutely no interest in mobile and deeply wish that Adobe would spend less time (preferably none at all) on hanging superfluous bells and whistles off their products, and a bit more time on making the core function of the software work properly.

I don't have any mobile collections or folders to delete.  The drop down menu has "Sync with Lightroom Mobile" turned on but greyed out so I can't turn it off. Please don't tell me I have to start furtling in the registry to fix this!

Not good enough, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me crazy too.

Added by the fact that any sort of search for a solution seems to be buried instead replaced with things telling me how to get it working.

I bought a stand alone version for a reason, so Adobe should not sell it if they're going to insist I sign up for that #@$& cloud.

There was no option to not install this in Lightroom 6.

I had hoped it would go away after a month, but nope. I don't want to sign up, but every single time I create a new catalog, there is that window telling me to sign up. Of course I turned off Sync, but that apparently isn't good enough for Adobe.

Thanks for the persistent ad for something I don't want, in something I paid good money for to not have to deal with.

If you figure out a solution, PLEASE post it here! The only fix I've seen is to sign up for the cloud, register for the mobile app, and only then will it leave you alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2015 Aug 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging off from Help in the main menu.   It says it will disable Lightroom but it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app and choose Preferences from the Settings icon in the upper-right. From there select the Creative Cloud tab and the Files sub-tab. There you can turn SYNC on and off. I assume syncing for all CC apps is disabled. I only use Lightroom as part of the CC Suite, so if you don't have the Creative Cloud app, I don't know how to turn off sync from within Lightroom itself. I am using the latest version, Lightroom CC, on a Windows 10 platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tk22030: Yes.

No.

This doesn't work.

Already did this - as mentioned at a dozen other forums.

The window still keeps coming up. I'm guessing people that have the cloud and have this don't see it, or are allowed to turn it off.

There's like 2 or 3 places to turn it off, under Library and Develop. I've tried logging on, tried logging off. It seems the only solution is to buy it, and then not use it.

Basically, people who bought the stand-alone Lightroom are screwed. Otherwise, Adobe would say how to turn it off, and wouldn't bury any search regarding this issue.

Any answers I've gotten in photo forums basically tell me as much.

But thanks for your time!

jcbordo:

I figured what the heck, and logged out - under help, which seems to be different than under the other menu.

What this did was make Lightroom think that it was a trial version, and give me 30 days to use it. Great.

So I think my last thought was to uninstall it and reinstall it - although I don't think that will make any difference. Since this is new for LR6, that explains why it was never an issue with 5.

This moronic "trial version" reminds me of the great "feature" of CS6 stand-alone where after 30 days acrobat would stop working, thinking it was a trial version. Requiring you to log out, uninstall and reinstall one of the programs to straighten it out.

Thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both Lightroom stand-alone and Adobe Export PDF.  Both have the Mobile splash when I start the programs (an obvious marketing promotion) and I see no way to turn them off - Lightroom has a Mobile tab in the preferences menu, but no option to stop the notification, while the Export PDF does have an option under preferences to not have pop-ups when a document is open, yet the marketing splash continues to pop up.  I never enabled the 30-day trial when I bought the new Lightroom 6 upgrade, so have never had a mobile account.  Interesting how this is in the Adobe Communities, yet no Adobe rep ever comments on this situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2015 Nov 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I upgraded to LR 6.2 I have the same issue - very annoying. Please Adobe, fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post describes how to enable Lightroom Mobile Sync: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help | Sync Lightroom desktop and the Lightroom mobile app. It looks like disabling lightroom mobile sync is the reverse. The icon indicates "pause" rather than stop but it seems to have stopped syncing for me anyway by indicating such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same annoying problem BUT....

I signed out from the HELP menu; thanks for the suggestion. When signing in, I chose to sign out from the Adobe interface popup, preventing LR from loading from this computer (which it didn't... scary!). When I went to sign in, I was asked for my serial number from my purchased, stand alone (no CC) copy. I entered the SN (fortunately I had this saved) and LR returned only this time there is no "sign into LR Mobile" prompt. Apparently when upgrading to LR 6.3 it forced a trial on me that I never asked for. I had received many prompts that my "trial" had expired so I thought it would go away but it didn't.

So my sign into LR Mobile is gone at last but if my instructions were unclear, it's because I do not want to go through this again just to get the words right! I'm sue you understand. I hope it works for anyone who tries. Anyway, it's good to be back at my purchased, non-CC Lightroom once again. 73.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Andy8400

Signing out in help-menu was the only way for me.

If you know your serial number, do this and get rid of this annoying problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This step works for me too.  Thanks for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem a month after updating to LR 6.3... or maybe it was because my motherboard died and had to be replaced. One way or another, I got re-enrolled in a Lightroom Mobile trial I didn't want, and when it expired, I started getting the pop-up. Unfortunately Andy8400's suggestion didn't solve it for me, but here is what did.

If you are a registered Lightroom 6 (perpetual license) customer, don't want Creative Cloud or LR Mobile, and get a pop-up window every time you start LR that says:  "Signed out of Lightroom Mobile" and want that pop-up to stop popping up:

Do the unintuitive thing and click the "Sign In" button. You're not signing in or signing up for anything... just click that button.

You may or may not then immediately see another pop-up window saying that Adobe just sent you an e-mail asking you to verify your e-mail address. I was sent this e-mail. Obviously if you get this e-mail, verify the link to confirm your e-mail address for Adobe. Again, you're not signing up for anything doing this.

Now close Lightroom and restart it. This time the message should not appear... and should not be back... at least until the next time you update LR such as from LR 6.3 to LR 6.4 and are enrolled in yet another Lightroom Mobile trial you didn't ask for and still don't want. Great way to treat customers /sarcasm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mel ! It seems to be solved for me too !

All the best for 2016,

Sven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but how are you not signing in by clicking the 'sign in' button and then signing in?

Isn't this just getting rid of the annoying prompt by giving in and logging in to Lightroom mobile?

Surely there is a way to get rid of this prompt altogether without being logged in to any online service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wigwam4000, in this particular situation, clicking Sign In doesn't sign you in. It just brings up the Sign In window, but from there, LR won't sign you in to the Mobile service unless you enter a Creative Cloud password. Since you don't have an active membership to Creative Cloud--correct?--no password you could enter there would actually sign you in unless you joined Creative Cloud

Clicking "Sign In" once in this situation--you had a Lightroom Mobile trial, whether or not you asked for it, that has since expired--somehow resets the annoying popup at LR 6 startup. Just try it, and if your experience is like mine and Sven OM's, you'll see that it works. (I don't have a CC membership either. I didn't before I clicked Sign In and still don't.) Remember if you get a popup to verify your e-mail address with Adobe by clicking a link in the e-mail message they send you, do that too.

See if, then, this annoyance is gone.

And no, I know no other way to stop the popup from popping up. Again doing what I suggested, if a LR Mobile trial has expired, does not and cannot sign you in to Lightroom Mobile unless you are a Creative Cloud member.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I did what Andrew8400 suggested and it seems to work. So far the message did not re-appear.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Identity Plate setup

enjoy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

19.  Re: How to disable Lightroom Mobile?

sander___  

Hi,

Identity Plate setup

Yay! This did it. Thanks!

No professional photographer (which are usually the ones that use LR) is going to use a mobile app. So dumb!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines