Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Mac 10.6.8

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I waited for almost 20 minutes to chat with someone from Adobe and was referred to this forum for help.  Five hours later and I am still no closer to resolving my issue. I was told that a team of highly qualified and knowledgable people ran this forum.  I am still waiting.  Can anyone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue. I still do  not have an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. quit Adobe Digital Editions.
  2. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.
  3. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too had this error and the Adobe chat rep was most unhelpful. I tried deleting the .dat file as per your instructions and then tried to re-authorize, but got the same error as before. I'm using ADE 4.5. Do you have any other suggestions? I'm using a MacBook Air.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2016 Mar 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you found the File or not? Have you Trash emptied?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the file and moved it to the trash. I have also emptied my trash and I am still getting the same message  "activation server error - code E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you authoirze digital Edition or when open it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant. Worked like a charm! Thanks so much:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me. I tried to open a book I purchased from Google Books. I downloaded the acsm file and wanted to open it with ADE. First it asks me authorization on my computer and asked my for my Adobe ID and password. Once typed in and pressed enter I have the above error message. The same happens when I use Google as vendor and use my Google account id and password. Can anybody help. The Adobe help sucks, big time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This did not work for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines