Exit

Drop-down text not working in CHM (rh7)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2008 Apr 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'm encountering a javascript error with my RH7 project:
When I generate a CHM file, the DHTML drop-down lists create a runtime error: "object expected". The object expected is "TextPopup(this)".
I'm creating the drop-downs with standard, highlight-and-insert, manner. The drop-downs work in WebHelp, and also worked in RH 5 before I imported the project. However, NO drop-downs work, project-wide, in the generated CHM.
Any ideas?
Sample code:
<p class=Body><a class=dropspot x-use-popup=#POPUP251245281 x-popup-type=pulldown
href="javascript:TextPopup(this)" id=a2>This is a test DHTML</a><robohelp><script
type="text/javascript" language=JavaScript1.2><!--
TextPopupInit('a2');
//--></script></robohelp></p>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2008 Apr 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open one of the sample projects and add a dropdown to that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2008 Apr 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and it works fine. I'm creating the Drop-downs by highlighting some text and selecting <b>DHTML > Create Drop-Down Hotspot and Text</b>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2008 Apr 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your project located on a network drive? If so, move it to a hard drive and see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2008 Apr 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's on my hard drive. What I think I'll end up doing is restarting the project from scratch and just import everything. Not an ideal solution by any means, but i don't think i really have a choice ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2008 Apr 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems like an extreme response. If it will work with a sample project and not with your project try to find out what is different. Make sure that the correct javascript file is being included in your HEAD section. RoboHelp automatically includes a link to a .js file (eHelpDHTM.js, or something like that) file in every topic. This file should be in your root diectory. If this were missing or corrupt, you would get the error you report.

Good luck,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2008 Apr 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Try generating a CHM with EXACTLY the same name as the project.

myproject.xpj = myproject.chm

my_project.xpj = my_project.chm

etc.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp